Josh Freeman Benched!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Sep 25, 2013.

?
  1. yes

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well Jeff Fisher hated the VY pick from day-1 so its plausible.

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

2009 was also 1 year after VY had his meltdown so it definitely was a consideration I would think

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

EDIT: It was actually Terry McCormick that said it.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I know the team also wanted Kyle Orton the year he came out

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

omg I could only imagine that disaster.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think the plan was to develop him as a backup

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

true that. I also thought floyd reese wanted devon hester and fisher wanted lendale white, look how that ended up... oy!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its funny how Freeman is featured on the Bucs tickets this weekend, but he wont be playing.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

just like trent richardson is on the browns tickets :) The bucs did this to themselves, schiano needs to go! The bucs should have beat the jets if they dont hit the guy out of bounds putting the jets in fg territory. They also had a good chance vs the saints but brees does what he does and only one team can win. Bucs made a huge mistake with schiano and letting him call the shots.

10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

According to several articles I've read, Freeman wasn't a good leader and had lost the locker room. Here's a link to one of the articles: http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/09/2...room-players-will-not-revolt-against-schiano/

Also, I think it says a lot that his teammates didn't vote for him to be team captain. When a quarterback isn't voted to be a team captain, something's wrong. Pair the lack of leadership, the lack of confidence from his teammates, and his sub-par play and it's not a surprise he was benched.

And yes, the Titans were interested in Freeman in 2009 and had him in for a visit. I think it's a bit far fetched to say the Titans wanted to draft him. For all we know, the Titans might have crossed him off their list after his visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar