Jonnu Smith Ready?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He was said to be much like Walker when he was drafted. Though it happened sooner than everyone hoped it would, I think the torch has been passed.

Personally, I think it could be a good thing in the long run though we might see him struggle at first. Walker will really be missed early on.

But it's time for this offense to not be as dependent on Walker. Mariota will be forced to spread the ball around more.

I look forward to seeing how he responds to the challenge.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He will be ready. He wont replace Walker entirely, hes still a year or two out from being able to block like Walker. But I do like him as the future TE1 of the Titans, he has all the tools to pull it off.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. bupac

bupac Starter

I hope he improved his blocking

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Ready as ever I suppose...

5. JCBRAVE

Thats a problem all young players deal with, they just havent been on an NFL program long enough to tango with some of these grown men out there.

Another year lifting like a pro and he should become a good blocker.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He's got all the skills.

His biggest concern will be chemistry with Flota, hopefully he spent a lot of time with him over the summer.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As every analyst and fan has pointed out, he absolutely blows at blocking. He really needs to turn it on for me to say he is ready and he hasn't done that yet.

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

He can't be worse at blocking than Henry?

9. JCBRAVE

Easily

but its not that hes worse, its that hes playing DE's/LB's every play he stays in to block for.

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yeah good point. He needs to get nasty and strong asf to go against those DE monsters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar