Jones Moving Closer to Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H Man

H Man Guest

Granted Elfin...but bones heal much faster than soft tissue tears. And QB's don't move like WR's. Vigstad is on it. How bad was the tear? How much reconstruction was needed? I just read something this morning that said they're ready to take him off the PUP list. Amazing! That in itself is remarkable to me.:ha:

2. H Man

H Man Guest

Sorry for the mispelling Vigsted...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you coulda just edited your post....

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

According to the Tennessean, Jones will be coming off the PUP next week and will get some work at least once a day. I don't think that means he'll participate next Saturday in the preseason game but he might get some live action before the preseason is complete.

I suppose the option to PUP him for the first six games of regular season will be made right before final cuts.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I will seriously be pee'd off if he plays that practice match. I don't care if your Wolverine, no one can be fully healthy from a serious knee injury in such a short time.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I agree, Sirmon,Calico and Williams were all rushed back into action with poor results. Keep him on PUP all season unless we have drastic problems.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Putting Jones back in action soon could mean an early (or earlier) end to Wade or Ty's time here. They could also try to get Orr on the PS. I'd rather wait on Jones and get another guy some time to evaluate.

I have a feeling that an unpopular cut will be made :closemout

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I agree with you. Lets hope they realize they are bringing him back to quick and think about the examples above

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Actually, Wolverine would be just fine the next day, Gunny. You silly, silly man. *shakes his head in wonder*

I'd like to see him PUP'd as long as possible, unless we absolutely need him, which (hopefully) we don't.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

if i remember right, its been a little over 9 months since BJ's injury...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar