Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if that was true don't you think his publicist would have said that when she made her statement. How would Deion known that?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He said that's what Pac told him in a "private" conversation. Doesn't really mean much- but man Deion was REALLY going to bat for Pac.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I suppose it could be seen in a negative light?

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Think! She was part of the "entourage" who was "out" with him. Why would she rat herself out as really a "friend" than a publicist. You get more free VIP and get into more exclusive events when you're with a pro athlete.

If she were really a true publicist, the minute the bullets rang out, she would have started her "spin" on the story and immediately put out statements and made appearances on television. How odd that this is the biggest story going in the off-season NFL right now and his publicist is now quiet and saying "no comment".

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I still think Pac's biggest worry right now is whether he neglected to tell the Titans about the February/March incidents last year.
    If he did tell them, then it's not news to them and obviously already factored into the decisions made the last time allegations were made against him (and he was suspended). However if he didn't tell them then he's probably in a whole lot of trouble both with the Titans and the NFL.

Unless it turns out the shooter in Vegas was a very close personal friend to Pacman and/or that he willfully hindered the police in doing their work, I don't think it will have an impact on his career.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted..

You don't get it. It's not possibly a friend of his but maybe someone he was employing as personal security. You get into an altercation and your body guard shoots three people. That is not troubling to you?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vigsted isn't talking about his personal feelings on it, he is talking about the possibility of Pacman being here and what possible trouble.

And close personal friend or a security guard has very little difference.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big difference gunny..

You have no control over a friend but you do over someone who works for you. You don't think there is any difference between an employer or a buddy? No legal difference at all?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not really.

Either Pacman knows the shooter or he doesn't.

If he told him to shoot it makes little difference who he is.

If he didn't tell him to shoot, it's on the shooter. And Pacman may have civil liabilities to pay.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

So it makes no difference if i tell a buddy to shoot someone or i tell that same thing to my employee? a buddy can tell me to kiss off an employee might feel pressured to not lose his job.....or worse..

I guess you never watched the soprano's or the godfather movies then.

Civil liabilities? You are damned right and his civil liabilities could get him kicked off this team. That's what is wrong with many comments here. I brought this up with the spitting incidents; pacman was cleared but nobody refunded his $100,000 or apologized to him for the one game suspension. It's not just a matter of him going to prison or not. It is how he handles himself and the organization might not want that type of individual on thew team.

Did you read bongo's comments on pacman? I don't know iof he is full of it or not but according to bongo half the team hates this guy. And that is before recent news events.

It all matters but many here want to act like pacman's defense attorneys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar