Jon Robinson-Elite GM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansman1, Dec 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Bills have definitely looked elite the last 7 weeks of the year.

KC and Baltimore have had their fair share of issues this year too.

It’s easy to think those guys are elite when you don’t follow the team closely.

Bills fans complain about Beane not being able to get a RB, OL, and pass rusher.

KC fans complain bout their defense and wasting a first round pick on CEH. And trading a bunch of draft capital for a LT that hasn’t been very good this year.

Baltimore has a QB who can’t throw consistently enough to win and a defense that has given up the most 20+ yard plays all year.

Bucs fans are upset about their secondary and lack of pass rush. Oh and he was on the hot seat before Tom Brady came along…

Every team has flaws. JRob draft track record stacks up with the best of them.

#51 Dman5TX, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • High Five High Five x 3
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jrob 2nd round picks: Derrick Henry, Harold Landry, AJ Brown, Kristian Fulton

C’mon son

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Some people just can’t see the forest, because of the trees!

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

JRob needs to stay out of the first round lol

Picking in the 20s after one and done playoffs, and first round draft failures doesn't look good... certainly not an Elite trait

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

But getting a 1st round talent in rounds 2-5 sometimes multiple 1st round talents can make up for that. You lose the 5th year option but player is cheaper overall too. Kind of washes out.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And JRob’s 1st round picks haven’t even been that bad. Outside of Wilson and so far Farley all of them have been solid, locked in starters for our team during their time here.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree..so trade out and get more picks in the rounds he's good at

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol true I guess.

To be fair, 2 of his picks left for big money elsewhere though. They were important pieces we just couldn’t afford.

I’m chalking Wilson up to Covid draft unless we see another blunder like him in the 1st round. But all of his picks before have been at the very least steady contributors to our team.

I guess I’m just saying I don’t think his 1st round picks are as bad as some think they have been. Certainly can improve but could be MUCH worse.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Wilson was a big mistake, I'm not blaming Covid because the other teams were under the same circumstances...Titans f'd up

Hindsight is 20-20 and lots of different scenarios and reasons but Conklin especially should have been extended before FA....we traded up for him

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

In hindsight I wish we had given Conklin that money we gave Lewan.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar