Jon Robinson-Elite GM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansman1, Dec 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

2 6th round picks and someone else’s 7th round pick. I wouldn’t put much stock in what was expected of 3/4 of those QBs.
    Even better for JRob, he knew he was dealing for a backup, not starter and he didn’t use an earlier pick on a backup QB but a potential starter (or rotational guy) at other positions of need.

Cassel was just available when a backup was needed.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

You do realize how improbable it is that a team hits on a QB outside of the first 2 rounds? Look around the league. There’s a reason QB’s get drafted so high every year.

I wouldn’t call a 6th and 7th round pick a “mid round project” considering the draft is only 7 rounds lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I could see the argument that he’s a good GM, but saying he’s ELITE? Sounds like a joke. Elite GM’s don’t miss on half their first rounders.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

EXACTLY

Robinson is competent even above average. Not gonna hurt the organization. He only looks elite compared to the absolute ass clowns the Titans rolled with at GM since Reese

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Have any of you guys looked at Belichicks drafts? He’s had plenty of first and second round busts but I don’t hear anyone argue that he’s not elite.

The only true first round bust for Jrob was that lazy fat ass head case Wilson. Other than that, everyone in the first round has been pretty solid, starter material. They can’t all be pro bowl, hall of famers.

And can you name any other GM who hits on the mid to later rounds better than Jrob.

#45 Titansman1, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

And an “average” GM doesn’t turn around a total crap of a team, with a decade long losing streak and turn them into a top 8 team in the NFL. If number 8 in wins over the last 8 years doesn’t qualify, what does? Top 5?

I think we finally have a team that can compete for a SB…. Rejoice! While it’s not perfect, and not always pretty, we’re one of the top teams in the league now.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Who is “elite”?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually a lot think Belicheck the GM is nothing special and gets bailed out by the elite head coach Belicheck and for many years Tom Brady. I think it was PFT doing a lengthy piece on questionable moves back when Brady was leaving NE.
    I can’t remember the name, but an exec who left NE some years ago was hinted at as being the real mastermind behind NEs personnel success in the 00s.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

"Elite" means
    Have you looked at Belichick's banners and trophy case?

10. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Brandon Beane of the Bills, Brett Veach of the Chiefs, Jason Licht of the Bucs and Eric DeCosta of the Ravens are the only ones I would consider Elite.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar