Jon Robinson-Elite GM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansman1, Dec 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Don’t know how today was on him.

Can’t throw 3 picks and calling a shotgun empty formation pass after running the ball down their throat cost us the game.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Agree. I mean they were the #1 seed despite all kinds of injuries, I dont think you can blame today on Robinson at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

GM hires the OC.
    Tannehill his QB
    OL woes on JRob with his drafting.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure GM hires the OC. He may approve the hiring, but that felt driven by Vrabel. Robinson does in fact own the efforts put into the OL. It’s been subpar for a couple of years running now.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I had no idea how financially stuck we were to Tannehill until last night. JRob is definitely not an elite GM after offering that contract.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

GM does not hire the OC lol cmon man.

OL was not the problem tonight.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hey Man U keep lovin’ JRob as elite. He’s slightly above average GM. We can
    disagree.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

THill’s contract was fools gold. He got it after having an outstanding 2019/2020 seasons, like best in our Tennessee franchise type.

I don’t blame JRob or fans for buying into what we saw with THill.

K has been a mess. In season signings, I can understand the struggle with nothing really available. Effort over the offseason is something else. Fat Randy wasn’t the off-season move, it was the other guy who got hurt before week 1, can’t even remember his name now, but there was an entirely different plan going into the season. Fat Randy did alright, not enough for me to think he’s a lock going forward.

The OL is on JRob. They seem to do well in run blocking and have mixes of terrible games pass blocking. Not sure how much is THill/downings fault but quesenberry isn’t a starter. Hopefully Taylor is either replaced or back to pre ACL form. I think Nate Davis is still young and serviceable. The depth even had a couple decent games with some god awful games this year, maybe the good were a small sample of potential going forward.

Otherwise, JRob brought in the talent, enough to win, and coaching/players s**t the bed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

What's funny is when that contract happened, we, the fans, were dying to get him under contract.

10. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Not me. I wanted them to sign Tom Brady. Tannehill is a game manager. That’s all he ever was. Art just knew how to use him and take advantage of his strengths. We would have 2 Super Bowls with Brady right now and drafting his replacement. Instead we are stuck with an average QB that we are paying Top 5 money that will never win a Super Bowl. Smart decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar