Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ten_Titans, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Strong to UT, Malzahn to Auburn, and Bielema to Arkansas. Great hire for Arkansas, Auburn idk that was questionable, and solid for UT.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The other two are official... Strong to UT is not.

And there's no way it will happen until after the Sugar Bowl.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Brian Kelly bailed for ND before the Sugar Bowl when he was at Cincy.... If he's going to an SEC school, he has to start recruiting yesterday.

I think its funny how super excited you guys are about Strong. If came down to Gruden and Strong... I say you pick Strong all day. Not saying hes a better coach than Gruden, he's just a better fit. He knows the conference, he recruits well, he's won everywhere, players respect him, he communicates well with kids, his coordinators are loyal. The Cardinal Faithful knows all of this and they love him to death and the person I know who has ins at the uni says that UL will match whatever offer he gets. They are ACC bound and playing teams like Va Tech, Florida State is something that he really needs to consider. If UL is in the ACC, all you gotta do is run the table and you are in the national championship. If you lose a game or two.. You are still in a BCS game. In the SEC, his rope is going to be a lot shorter than it is at UL. What if he goes to UTjr and is 6-6 6-6 5-7 in the next three years? Do you give him year 4? At UL.. a BCS berth = Coach for life. He could put the same record up for 3 years at UL and still get year #4 everytime.

He's built a foundation at UL and the uni will do whatever it takes to keep him. All those rich people you see down the street at the Kentucky Derby are the same people who put up all that money for UL sports. If he leaves, it won't be over money.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not getting all excited about it... I don't really care about UT sports. Now that I go here, it makes it more interesting, and I'd actually attend games on a regular basis if they'd get a good coach like Strong.

Yea, it's a big risk for him... he will have it a lot easier with U of L and will have to take over a UT team that is in shambles and build them back up - which is a lot harder to do in the SEC.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't understand Bielema leaving sconsin....May have wrote his own death wish...The SEC scares me to death. Way too easy to fade into obscurity with all those power teams in one conference. That's why I don't want Virginia Tech to move to the SEC. Would hate to see my school end up like Kentucky or Tennessee, winning 5 games tops a season.

As someone posted before. Run the table in the ACC, you'll have a good shot to get in the MNC.

6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Strong is the leading rumor but who knows at this time but they will hire someone this week I believe. Time is up and the clock is ticking on recruiting, bowl games be damned.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am not sure I can live in a world where you cannot trust rumors that come from a lumber yard. :sarcasm:

Strong is a good hire. Understand leadership at the college level, understands the SEC, wears pants that fit properly, did not build a rep based on smoke and mirrors by taking over a team others build to a Super Bowl. He took over a team that was terrible and made them good. UT is better off with Charlie Strong.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What school was Nick Saben at before coming to the SEC?????? It was a Big 10 school if I remember correctly.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Michigan State

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Strong said "Efff youuuuuuuuuu UT!"

But hey, ya can't do worse than Auburn did. I'm just glad they didn't have the sense to steal Kirby Smart from us.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar