Johnson looking like starter at fullback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Quinn Johnson missed the past two preseason games and will likely miss Thursday’s finale as well because of a hamstring injury.

But it still sounds as if Johnson will be the starting fullback for the regular-season opener on Sept. 8, despite a solid preseason showing from Collin Mooney.

“It’s difficult because Collin has come in and worked hard,” coach Mike Munchak said. “He has been carrying the load for us and done a great job for us, as he always has. So that’s a hard deal with him and Quinn.”

Munchak said Johnson “should be practicing the next couple of days and doing more things with coaches, individual drills. “I know he’d like to play (Thursday), but he’s not quite ready for that. So we’ll probably wait to open the season.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Another quantity over quality mistake by the Titans. Just like Tommie Campbell will never be better than ATV, Quinn Johnson is not better than Collin Mooney.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'd really rther see us not even carry a fullback and just go with Walker or Stevens when we need to do a FB/2TE look

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

you really do have to be insane to play fullback, so I'm not really surprised they won't let one of the TEs block out of the backfield

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar