Johnson Hoping to Follow in Peterson's Footsteps

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Chris Johnson says his goals are simple -- he wants to do what Adrian Peterson did last year which included Offensive Rookie of the Year and MVP of the Pro Bowl while rushing for 1,341 yards and 12 touchdowns. Johnson has a solid start by leading the AFC in rushing with 276 yards on just 50 carries through three games. If he continues that pace through 16 games, he would end up with nearly 1,500 yards. But his teammates praise him for the other things he's doing well. "Chris has a lot of ability, and it’s not just running the ball. He’s doing some good things in the passing game and picking up blitzes and that sort of things," QB Kerry Collins said. "It’s making him do some good things all around, not just running the ball. He’s come along real well. He’s definitely as advanced a rookie as I’ve ever seen."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

As well as he is playing on a weekly basis, I am still waiting for his breakout game...

I think he has a 150-200 yard rushing game with 2 TD coming in the near future...

I also think he will get some impact in the passing game at some point.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Same here, he looks outstanding but I think eventually he's going to take over a game and dominate it...

4. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

Johnson does look good so far. Granted, the last two games have been against teams who are among the worst against the run, so his stats may be a little inflated. I think this week against Minnesota will be a good test for him.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm going to boldly predict that CJ logs 120 yards on the ground and at least one score against the Vikings this week...

6. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

If he does I'll be pretty impressed. We've only had a RB rush for more than 100 against us twice since Childress took over. Once against St Louis in 2006, and once against Green Bay last season.

So while it is possible, I wouldn't be putting any money on it. ;)

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well your in different Childress territory this week.....prepare to be impressed.
    :))

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He dropped 2 passes last week that looked like they would have been big gainers.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I was screaming when he dropped them!! lol...

10. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

KingTitan desires to welcome NodakPaul to the TITAN Realm. :wave: It is good to have commerce with distinguished ambassadors from the frigid reaches of the north. >>>> The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in Minneapolis. No, that's wrong. ....a winter in Minneapolis. No, that's not it! ....a summer in San Francisco. Yes, that's it!!!

Well, I did once live in an ice palace in St. Paul! Really, it was near Lake Nokomis and I loved it!

The King must set things straight on this question of corralling His Royalness, Baron Chris Johnson. You Viks will be dealing with a very slippery character, which you will have trouble stopping. It will be like trying to catch a humming bird with a pair of tweezers. Or like grabbing a needle with your Minnesota mittens. Or like snaging a gazelle. Or like walking across Lake Nokomis in March. FORGET IT!!!

By the way, trying to stop Baron Lendale White will be like hugging a rhino.

So,kind close-to-the-North Pole person, don't get your hopes up ! :smile:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar