Johnson has ankle injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

laron mcclain could barely walk off the field at times during the game, but he always managed to make it back.

chris johnson never even tried after halftime.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I was thinking there must be more to it. He never appeared to have an injury. If someone that Tivo'd the game could go back and watch his last carry, that'd be great. Let us know if he showed any sign at all.
    It seemed pretty phantom. And very odd. They didn't even have a true report on it either. Just "he has an ankle injury". Really? I bet 8 other guys out there had an ankle injury...was there an xray? No? Wtf.

So I wondered if maybe he was being punished for some odd reason. Maybe he had severe diahrea. Maybe he was scared. I don't know, but it was pretty weird.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was thinking there is something odd about it. You never saw him testing it or anything. He just had it taped up.

CBS told us nothing (though they weren't very good either), but I can't imagine Fisher would have punished him.
    I thought they might have been saving him for the 4th, or Fisher wouldn't allow him to play because of the injury.

Perhaps he thought he would have been a non-factor if he lost his speed.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ said he tried to go on it on the post game radio interview FWIW

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

McClain made it back, but was useless. He was pretty much useless before the injury too, so it really didn't matter, I'm just saying he didn't make much of a difference by coming back.

6. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I never remember a player hurting his ankle then sitting down the rest of the day...Normally they are trying it out..getting it taped different ways or something..........he could have at least showed some interest in the game. He is all about himself...Maybe we trade him and VY for Bradford and P. Harvin.........

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I don't understand why Kevin Mawae couldn't have played. He'd been out what like 3 weeks?

8. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

You have to believe if Kevin Mawae could have played he would have. He's an amazing player and tough as nails. Can't say the same for CJ who has talent but won't play through a fresh ankle sprain in the divisional championship.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yeah you're probably right. I figured CJ would have at least went back in to test the ankle and when we heard he was out we figured it'd be a big loss. Our lack of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball really showed

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Hahahaha ........... riiiight.:rolleyes:

He got tangled/folded up on that one play with Ed Reed, and then came back for two more rushes I believe. That was the only play I saw where he didn't get up right away. He just laid there for about 10 seconds or so. Here is the play by play .........

1-10-TEN 12 (9:58) 28-C.Johnson up the middle to TEN 19 for 7 yards (55-T.Suggs, 52-R.Lewis). PENALTY on TEN-76-D.Stewart, Unnecessary Roughness, 9 yards, enforced at TEN 19.
    1-12-TEN 10 (9:52) 28-C.Johnson right end pushed ob at TEN 20 for 10 yards (57-B.Scott).
    2-2-TEN 20 (9:25) 25-L.White left guard to TEN 20 for no gain (52-R.Lewis, 57-B.Scott).
    3-2-TEN 20 (8:41) (Shotgun) 5-K.Collins pass short middle to 12-J.Gage to TEN 30 for 10 yards (31-F.Washington).
    1-10-TEN 30 (7:59) 5-K.Collins pass deep middle to 12-J.Gage to BAL 46 for 24 yards (20-E.Reed, 22-S.Rolle).
    1-10-BAL 46 (7:15) 28-C.Johnson left end to BAL 42 for 4 yards (68-B.McKinney )

And those were the last plays with CJ in the game. The four yarder was probably the "test" run some are whining about and from there he/Fisher probably decided it would be better with Lendale.

Maybe the coaches kept him out ....... who knows but man some people are overreacting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar