John Vaughn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

They're a dime a dozen.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yeah no way we waste a spot on him...Why would we need a place kicker when we have Bironas?

We can cut this guy and if bironas can't go probably pick him up right where we left him, or someone just as good.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again i do not think we are going to be too crowded for PS positions. Ball and conover have been in the league too long to qualify, petrowski will likely make the team outright and blakley can't go to the PS. I have tried to add up the likely cuts who would qualify and realistic be worth a spot and there are not 8 of them. Chris henry to the PS? Possible but doubtful. I don't see paul williams there i think he's gone. Davis 1 would be a possible.

Add them up and see how many you get.

4. DRAY

DRAY Camp Fodder

Rather then keep a PK on the PS wouldn't it be better to add a FA from another team's final roster cuts to the PS that would address a depth concern on the Titans 53 man roster?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dray, i think a kicker does address depth concerns.

It is possible we could have 2 CBs on the PS cole and williams. If nickey makes the team, again:suspect: than joiner gives us a safety there. I think 2 o-linemen will be there but no D-lineman. 7 spots basically covers every aspect of the team.

Personally i want joiner to make the team ahead of nickey just to open up more room there. We can also release guys from the PS to make room for a more desirable player, we did that to our rookie CB last year.

Hey the guy made a 50 yard FG last game so i think he is better than most available kickers and he is a nashville area kid. Give him a job!

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

WOW! RT just endorsed an Auburn guy? I'm getting out of my house NOW!

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm concerned about his kickoffs. Most of the time he can only get it to the 10 or the 8. I was impressed that he made the long FG on friday, but if our return coverage is hurt, I'm not a big fan. As TJ said, kickers are always a call away, and even if he goes to another practice squad, we could get him if bironas can't play and we need him for the actual team.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This puts me in a weird position. Oh well.

Brodie Croyle sucks!

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Will Bironas be playing in game 4?

10. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

id hope so

you know its preseason when we have a thread about a kicker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar