John McClain's article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I like to read and listen to what this guy says, he seems to be on top of most issues in the NFL. Here is a excerpt from his most recent in the Houston Chronicle
    "Some call him "Punkman," because of his scrapes and near-scrapes with police. Jones is a thug and proud of it. I don't care how bad of an upbringing a player has had, they know right from wrong. Jones is an example of what's bad about the NFL. He uses his horrible background in Atlanta as an excuse for his behavior. I don't think many players have it over Vince Young when it comes to a tough upbringing, but he's an example of what's good about the NFL.

If I were Fisher, I trade Jones before the draft. Because he's got talent, there are coaches who'd think just like Fisher did when Jones came out of West Virginia: "I don't care what's happened to him in the past because I can control him." Wash your hands of him. No one in Nashville will regret it except the attorneys and bail bondsmen."

Many of us fans have been saying this for a long time but this is the first time I have seen anyone in the media with credibility say it.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Now there's a contradiction in terms.....

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

4. Big TT

The article is titled NFL, Carr wreck. The portion about Pthug is about halfway down after he talks about the Texans.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd forgotten that. I laughed out loud when I reread it.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ok, I didn't see an article by that name but I did find this in his blog.

I respect the heck out of Titans coach Jeff Fisher for suspending troubled cornerback Pacman Jones for the Jacksonville game. Jones is loaded with talent, which he displayed in their victory over the Texans on Sunday, but he's been nothing but trouble since they used the sixth overall pick on him last year.

there's much more there, some word for word what you mentioned.
    http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/11/carr_wreck_best_of_luck_brady.html

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Welcome to the bandwagon John...............its been running on now for 23 games....................AJones will be a Raider soon.

9. Big TT

Ah Oakland or as I like to refer to it "The island of misfit toys". Pthug would fit in just fine and if we act soon enough ol' weird al might give a 2nd for him.

10. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

The Titans may not be able to trade him if the his value plummets because of the rumors that are currently swirling around his posse and him in the team hotel today....................and his XLR and bank roll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar