John Clayton showing VY some love!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You can't read too much into his pre-season performance. Not enough reps too evaluate anything there.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd like him to return kicks next Saturday.

3. normativity

normativity Guest

My first post on the board and it's good to be among great Titans fans like those I've read on the board thus far...

Anyway, besides VY getting props, Mort was giving Chris Johnson some love when he and every other draft guru at ESPN, NFL Network, and the like was burning our front-office at the stake for drafting him and not a WR.

I'm not going to lie that since I don't get all of the area coverage on the Titans (since I live in Kansas) and knee-jerked wrong to the draft pick that I was disappointed in it for a couple of minutes. Then I remember what I heard and read from all of the beat reporters. This kid is fast and going to be a playmaker for us.

Off that tangent and back to VY, the guy has a better record as a starter by a game or two than Satan Manning did in his first two years, yet we always give Manning props because of his pedigree. The media likes to forget that Satan sucked for his first two years because he was learning to be a total NFL QB. VY is doing the same thing. Living in Big 12 country, VY always improved when he was at Texas to become a better player and leader--eventually leading his team to a National Championship. I expect VY to improve this year just as history has proven it to me.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

VY most commonly among QB's should have a good year since it's his third year. Giving him nice presents in Crumpler and J-Mac should help the redzone then of course CJ who will help overall sounds good. I don't really like our WR's and think we need to bring someone in, I like our chances.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Clayton is good, but just like any other sports writer. They make bold predictions hoping they can be the one that called it. He'll be among those bashing Vince, here soon.

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i'm going to take the glass-half-full approach and say that he won't be bashing Vince, but instead he'll be the one that called it. :wink2:

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Do you want Vince to improve into a good QB? I get the impression that you don't even want him to succeed. I understand he hasn't done well by measurable statistics, but he has won games. He's got a .6 winning percentage as a starter going into his third year and we went from dumpster to 8-8 to playoffs after he came along. I know our D got better, but so did our QB. VY is a winner, Collins is a backup. How can you not be optimistic about Vince getting better? It's as if you bank on the fact that he is going to fail; he's doing well in TC, he more or less didn't even play in the first preseason game so you can't evaluate that. I just wish people would show him a little love. We all know how well (or poorly) he did in his first two seasons, why not try to be optimistic about the possibility of him succeeding and turning the corner instead of just writing him off as a definite failure?

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ummm...is this the first time you have seen Gloat?

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yeah, I've seen him. He knows his football, and is usually making educated posts, but I just don't understand how a true Titans fan could just trash our QB, our franchise player, and the face of our team unmercifully. I'm optimistic. It takes some time for a QB to develop to the speed of the NFL, and I think Vince can certainly make the jump. Lets just finish this discussion in January.....

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well, if you have read Gloat's posts before, you know he is very much a person that if you say it is white, he will say it is black.

Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar