John Abraham Visits

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Would love this signing, get another good vet on the defense. Chance to mentor the young DE's.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My vote is for Abraham, I prefer pass rushing. We signed Edwards for run blocking. However, i'd be very happy with either.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Didn't he visit last year, too? Then we presumably low balled him.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Can always use more pass rush.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The thing I love about this is the Titans knew they needed help at DE and were hoping to get someone in the draft but they didn't force the pick and went with their board instead of drafting for need. Now they realize they're still weak at DE and are bringing in Abraham. I love this line of thinking and it's something that it seems like Reinfeldt never did.

Talking specifically about players though, I think I would still prefer Freeney to the other two. He's a year younger than Abraham and had an off year last year because the Colts went to a 3-4 and he played OLB instead of DE. From hearing interviews with him he seems really determined this year. And since he hasn't been signed yet we may be able to get him for cheap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree with your first point. As for Freeney, I can't help but think there's a good reason no one has signed him yet. Either he's not willing to come down on his asking price or he's losing it. I don't think the one year difference between Abraham and Freeney is that big of a deal. Putting up 10 sacks at any age is damn good, for a guy Abraham's age that is awesome. I think he'd be a better fit for us but I definitely wouldn't be mad if we did get Freeney. Just don't think there's any interest in him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

Freeney is undersized and has been in decline for awhile now. Don't want him at all

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I am fine with either one freeney or abraham. Also would be fine with israil o. from the bears we had in too. We need a proven veteran DE on this team. And it sounds like we will get one soon!

9. DrkTitan

DrkTitan Camp Fodder

Had a chance at him last year but Bud decided waist time chasing behind Manning. He didnt want to wait for the smoke to clear so went back to Atlanta, which i dont blame him for doing. But now that there's no distractions i think we got a good shot at getting him.

10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Can we sign all 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar