John Abraham is better than Super Mario!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by satkins2252, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Is that how much he think he is worth? That's way to much money, I figured if we could get him around 5-6 mil a year just to mentor our defensive line it would be worth it. It's kind of like how we are paying Hasselback 7 mil a year to mentor Jake Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

A couple more dollars? Realistically we could get Abraham for around 9-10 mil. Mario will be around 13-16 mil range. Thats a little more than a couple.

Have you looked at his production? He would not be "just mentoring" our DL. He would be the best DLman.

To be "fair", you can choose any part of Abrahams career and he was always better than Mario. Even with injuries. In Marios 6 year career he totaled 53 sacks. In the first 6 years of Abrahams career (including his 1st year when he had played in only 6 games w/ 0 starts) he totaled 53.5.

I know that its hardly relevant that he produced more early in his career and that the recent production is more revealing to what we may get but someone complained about comparing fairly so I thought I would do that as well.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

9-10 on an aged stop gap vet? Or 13-16 on a starter for 4-5 years... In the realm of cap... That's a couple more dollars.

Honestly, I don't see us breaking open the piggy bank for a stop gap. Mario would change our draft board... Abraham would be gone in 2 years.

@ 6 mil, I could see us signing Abraham. But not much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar