Joey Harrington

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Blackstar, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

All this talk about 7th rounders being nothing...blah blah blah....David Givens was not far from being Mr. Irrelavant.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

ouch!

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Carlos Hall...

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

Anyone who thinks this team will be bettered by having Joey Harrington on this team needs to put the drugs down and enter rehab on the double.

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Joey gets smacked around by the fans like salami on meat day, and though some of the things said about him aren't justified, the fact remains. The dude just isn't good.

I had high hopes that my boy Jeff would tear things up in Detroit and that would be the last of the Joey Harrington chronicles, but alas, not quite. However, I'll give Joey the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was the environment, right? When nobody has faith on you, there's not a lot to thrive on. I'll give him one season (playing backup) anywhere else (Minnesota :ha: ) and if he sucks there, then he sucks. Simple.

...And uhh, no. I don't think the Titans should take him. That would make our free agency reign look kind of dinky.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Harrington for a 7th?

If that is true the browns should consider him. Any team that can afford him. Of course he is worth a chance for a 7th rd pick.

Dave wannstedt traded a first rd pick for rick mirer. :ha:

Some recent titans picks in the 7th.

Mike green
    Jared clauss
    todd williams
    Darrell hill
    reynaldo

Reese has done a great job with them just getting guys who were able to make the team and contribute. Remember the nfl draft used to be 12 rds and then 10 rds not that long ago. 7th rd was a mid rd pick back.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Carlos Hall as well.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Lions: Harrington 'not with us'
    By TOM KRISHER
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 20, 2006

The Detroit Lions are parting ways with Joey Harrington after four turbulent seasons in which the former third overall draft pick went from franchise savior to fans’ scourge.

Although he declined to say whether Harrington had been released, coach Rod Marinelli told reporters Monday: “We’ve made a decision to move on.”

“At this moment, he’s not with us,” Marinelli said. “That’s been my decision.”

A message seeking comment was left Monday with David Dunn, Harrington’s agent.

Taking Harrington’s spot under center most likely will be Jon Kitna or Josh McCown. The two former NFL starters are expected to battle for the top quarterbacking job in Detroit.

The Lions announced McCown’s signing over the weekend and were expected to announce Kitna’s this week.

The Lions already have under contract former Tampa Bay and Arizona starter Shaun King and second-year man Dan Orlovsky.

Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Scary isn't it?

3rd overall pick.

Good thing reese is a bit better at this then matt millen.

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

it makes me laugh that three mediocre guys were brought in to fight for his spot.

i'd take him for a seventh any day if they lowered his worked on his salary some. a new start somewhere would do him good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar