"Joe Buck Live"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last night on the "Joe Buck Live" show, Emmy winning football commentator Joe Buck debuted his live talk show on HBO in midtown Manhattan. The show begins with Favre speaking out on the whole Minnesota Vikings chapter of his life and the possible return to football IF his injured throwing arm is ready for it. I for one wouldn't mind the come back, but to me its only a comeback if he left (which he hasn't). Saying your retired to get out of a lousy program in New York doesn't qualify as a retirement as much as it may be a 'smart thought out plan' to further a prolific career. Keeping a 'bad idea' going with the Jets wasn't something Brett Favre was looking forward to. The show proceeds with guests Chad Ochocinco & hall of fame receiver/T.V. show host Michael Irvin. That too was a decent segment of the HBO uncensored talk show. Chad and Mike go back and forth with whats fun about being in the spotlight and just exactly what Chad's spotlight maintained. I for one liked the honesty Michael Irvin delivered on the show. BUT THEN the show takes a turn towards being canceled when jackass/guest; Artie Lange ruined the nice evening with his charades, wild comments about gays, and the lighting of a cigarette on live T.V. just about violating a hundred broadcasting, and public safety regulations. Minus the offensive nature of comedian Artie Lange from 'The Howard Stern Show' the 'Joe Buck Live' show was, I think a success. HBO will only be airing three more future showings of the show and after the what I'm calling the 'Artie Lange incident' they will continue as planed. Following are two links with more detail on the event.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2009-06-16-artie-lange-joe-buck_N.htm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810d7f3e&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

already a thread with this...

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well I searched it and came up short.

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Favre needs to Joe Buck himself.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

that was the lamest dumbing :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:ing show I have ever seen.....UNTIL......Artie Lange came out and just grilled Buck's balls. Lange has taken alot of heat for the performance but I have to agree with those that think it was one of those monumental performances.

Buck is a great pbp BB guy- he should stick to that because without Artie Lange's appearance there was an epidemic of boredom in the audience.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Completely agree. Show was HORRIBLE soft ball crap until Lange was on there. They should send Lange gifts for making the show interesting and taking the heat off of Buck and his horrible show.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Artie exploited the lameness of that show in one fell swoop. If HBO had any brains they would give Artie a show rather than banning him from the network..

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar