JJ Watt vs the entire titans D-line....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

No, I know. He's a great player I'm just trying to point out if you were to put him on our defense he wouldn't be nearly as good. Mostly because of Gray and in small part due to our crappy scheme.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

JJ Watt would be great in any scheme. He was a wide 9 4-3 DE at Wisconsin who ran all over the place and then had to adjust playing inside as a 3-4 DE and be responsible for 2 gaps..

Again the thread is not about JJ Watt it is about the total lack of production from our D-line which in a 4-3 defense is the most important thing.

In any 4-3 defense you need linemen who fly around the field pressuring the QB, making tackles and getting their hands on footballs. We are not getting that and that needs to change.Now!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How does the scheme that Houston plays cause Watt to bat down 8 passes? That is all him!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought Ryan Kerrigan was the 2nd best defensive player in that draft after Watt. He has 3.5 sacks and 4 PD and had a 28 yard int return for a TD last week. 7.5 sacks last year.

We need a player like that from the next draft.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think I know whats wrong with our defense. The coaches don't trust our DB's to stick to receivers. This forces us to play zone, and when you give up free yards teams are going to take them and run.

I really think we just need to press and play more man. I feel that would really help the D-Line by giving them time to get to the QB.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same here. Von was my "can't miss" pick in the draft.

I bombed on Aldon Smith. He looked so uncoordinated in college...

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm still not sold on him.. I feel like I could get 15 sacks with Willis, Bowman, and Justin Smith.

8. smili

smili Starter

Trading up or down is a hard thing to figure. We traded up to get Cook in the 3rd round in 2009 and gave New England a 2nd rounder in 2010. Cook is really good player, so deal seemed to work, but there's always the other side of pick. Not sure which pick it was for New England, but one of New England's 2010 second round picks was Gronkowski.

edit: Patroits do alot of wheeling and dealing - trading both up and down. It seems to work for them.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Hindsight is always great...But JJ Watt could have been the next Derrick Morgan.

Just like Jake Locker could still be Vince Young...except he's a better leader and works hard...

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Yea we'll probably end up with the bust of that class along with gabbert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar