Jimmy Graham ruled a TE.. Jared Cook anyone??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Jimmy Graham has lost his case in Burbank for wanting to be franchised like a WR.. They've ruled so because he attends TE meetings, Saints drafted him as a TE..and even because he refers to himself as a TE in his Twitter bio (seriously)..

Andrew Brandt tweeted that this ruling represents a win for changing definition of TE "the position" is not only in the tackle box..

My question is, where was this when we went through the Jared Cook case? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy we let Cook walk, but didn't the NFL screw us by ruling him a WR?? And wasn't it because he spent most of his time outside the tackle box? (much like Jimmy Graham)..

We also drafted Cook like a TE, and surely he attended TE meetings, so where was this when the NFL ruled he should be franchised like a WR??

Or it it because (from Albert Breer Twitter) "Since Mr. Graham was so aligned (within 4 yards of OL) for a majority of plays during 2013 League year" NFLPA grievance denied..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jared Cook didn't take it this far, he folded and walked once free agency hit.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Glad he did, eff that guy.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Really glad he walked also, but JC, he didn't take it this far? I swear I remember him being ruled a WR in court..

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He was never tagged. Titans didn't bother the fight. Guessed they were right, he wasn't worth it, not even TE tag money.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I know we didn't bother, thank God.

I guess I had it wrong.. I remember hearing we may have to tag him as a WR though, that he'd likely win that fight in court. I guess when we heard that we just dropped it, didn't actually go to court.

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Cook didn't want to be here and we moved on, but he definitely forced the issue. It is for the best that we didnt call cook and his agent on their bs. We upgraded with Walker for less money than we were going to pay Cook and we now have a vocal leader in the TE room.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

LEAVE JARED COOK ALONE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar