Jimmy GQ and 49ers agree on 5 year, $137.5M contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyb, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hope you're right.

I kept waiting/thinking Mariota would hit his stride at some point and look like the QB we saw in '16, but didn't happen.

Hope the new staff can get that guy back. If not? Adios, Marcus.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do you actually think Marcus is broken ?

Or are you just trolling like always

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He's one of the few that diss Mariota...he just wants to be negative, no fun in being positive with the majority about Mariota.
    That way he can pump his girly chest and say I told you so.
    He will be very dissapointed though.

4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

C'mon now DW. You keep bringing up the 13 TD throws but honestly, how many more would he have made if we had halfway decent coaching?

We have a QB who has NEVER thrown an int in the redzone, so what do we do everytime we got in the redzone this year, we run the damn ball, make some trick play so a WR or TE are trying to throw a TD or end up kicking a damn FG.

The coaching was just plain pathetic and they led to these abysmal stats you keep pointing out.

But go on... keep on hating. It's good for you.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

From what I can tell, DW has never agreed with anybody on anything. He always goes against the grain. That's his thing.

If the general thought is the sky is blue, good ol DW will argue it's not.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He has actually done that lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's not blue at night.. maybe that's what he's arguing? Lol

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You can’t, with a straight face tell me that you’re pleased with Mariflota, can you?

I’ll beat a dead horse. Those marvelous Mariflota numbers you keep referencing from 2016 were with the EXACT same coaching staff, and much less talent at WR.

You are giving too much credit to the coaching staff being so terrible. Go back and watch Mariflota’s INTs, they are lazy softball throws that landed nice and soft in the DBs hands. Not once can you say “now that was a fine defensive play”. We aren’t talking Deion Sanders type breaks on balls here, he flat out threw it right to those guys. You can keep blaming that on coaching, but a QB knows where he’s supposed to go with the ball and where he isn’t.

While his deep ball accuracy improved apparently, his decision making clearly regressed.

Mariflota left a lot of plays on the field this year and that is what is most disappointing.

9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Do you think people on here are actually satisfied with Mariota's below avg season? Most Mariota supporters just seem to grasp his potential and see what he could be so we're not bent on kicking him to the curb after 1 bad year. Of course if he has more bad years then he should go, but for now all his issues are fixable so the only thing is to wait & see.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I’m positive DW agrees with this statement, but it’s infuriating watching everyone act like Mariflota is perfect and we can’t discuss where he needs corrections and the reality and truth in his game. Fandom doesn’t mean you can’t speak honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar