Jim Schwartz...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Any slack-jaw off the streets could come up with a scheme to fit around a crack defensive personnel!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Schwartz is an average DC who succeeds when he has the horses. We went through a 4 year period when we drafted poorly on defense. Many guys who are not even in the league any longer like woolfolk-echols-schobel-claus-nickey-beckham-gardner-long-mahelona-waddell-nande and then laboy and odom and their injuries, starks, reynolds.

In addition we lost players to the cap like rolle, carter and dyson. There is the pacman blow out. Can you imagine this defense is pacman was not a brain dead idiot and just played football?

Then the situation with sirmon and tank both relatively young players when they blew out their knees.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Oh my gosh. If I ever picture Finny and PacMan in the same backfield, my head will explode. I hate that idiot, for blowing that pair up.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That sums up my feelings pretty accurately really. :grrhee:

In the NFL, i think the players make the difference more than the coaches.

Sometimes, i think it's the opposite in college. The coaches can be more important.

I mean, the greatest coach in the NFL in the modern era is only great cause what... he's the best cheater? Who else has multiple superbowl wins? Shanahan? Elway and TDavis in his prime. Jimmy Johnson... that Cowboys team was freaking stacked, and they still needed Prime Time. Or was it Switzer that had to have primetime?

Anyway, I'll always lean towards more credit for the players in the NFL.

5. Alex1939

Uh, it'd be the same or worse.

We'd maybe give up a few more deep td's with Pacman and use as a returner so we'd have several more fumbles off the facemask.

The "Pacman" he was for the Titans, he ain't never gonna be again. (Cause he doesn't have a chump on the other side of the field so the QB never has to even think about throwing Pac's direction)

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Ahh, I wanted to start this thread. Oh well.

#5 ranked D in the NFL last season.

#1 ranked this season.

We are also giving up the fewest points per game. They guy must just be lost :rolleyes:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alex i meant what if pacman was never an idiot and just played football like most players. He obviously has the talent to be a top corner.

From 2002-2005 we drafted 6 corners 5 of them in the 4th rd or higher. beckham-echols-woolfolk-gardner-waddell-hill reynaldo was the best of the 6. WTF? That is why we drafted packman in ther first place because none of those 6 other guys were worth a crap. As it turned out neither was packman because of his stupidity.

On top of al those CB busts we lose rolle and dyson. How do you coach a team with no corners?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Gotcha, except I might say "had" the talent to be a top corner.

Ok, I'm hating on him for screwing over the Titans, but so far, no big loss. He's not looking anything special for the Cowboys.

I know I would AT LEAST try a few crazy things and some different packages.

I would NOT run the same **** defense over and over and over, watching it get dominated again and again and again because I was too inflexible or stupid to at least attempt something else.

But that isn't the Schwartz way.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Someone want to name a great defensive coordinator who didn't have solid players to execute their schemes?

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Shula? Did he have a DC back then?
    Not really their nickname did them in not the players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar