Jim Schwartz to Join Titans Staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Apr 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Please switch to the 4-3. Much better personnel wise.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hopefully he goes back and rewatches every single defensive snap to get a feel of just how horrible our defense was last season.

I'm not really sure how much input he will have in decision making, but at least we have some type of insurance if the defense bombs again. Because I damn sure don't want to see that defense ever again.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I did not realize we had a defense last year. Live and learn.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Schwartz’s big thing is teaching stopping the run while on your way to the qb. It is an attacking style with the front 4 with minimal blitzing. His success with this scheme has very much been personnel driven....when he has good high energy guys upfront his defenses look good when he doesn’t they look bad...His defenses have been ranked near the top of the league and near the bottom of the league...but his desire for his defense to get after the qb is unquestioned.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yesterday morning, I was teasing a friend about his hat and I told him about Chief Red Hat, and then boom, we hired Schwartz. Today, I’m trying to think of an interesting story about TJ Watt.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Since he's just a consultant, he can't be on the field coaching players right?

I don't see us switching to 4-3 just because we hired a consultant that runs a 4-3. Vrabel is a 3-4 guy. Although Vrabel does preach "front multiplicity," so maybe we show some 4-3 looks?

If we do run a 4-3, we need to draft more LBs. Evans, Jayon, and Long would be the starters and not much depth behind them.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Regardless of Schwartz’s official title, Bowen has to be looking over his shoulder on this hire.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Yep....Bowen is almost in a no win situation....if defense does great then Schwartz gets the credit...if it sucks again it is Bowen’s fault

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Schwartz’s defenses rely on waves of front 4 guys to stay fresh and get after the QB. After Landry, Autry, Simmons and Dupree we have essentially nothing. No depth whatsoever. We would need at least 3 more high energy frontline guys.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Hoping Scwartz gets more out of Rashaan Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar