Jets vs chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Nice to see norv turner got outcoached again. If you are going to run the football and play close to the vest, then Rex Ryan has it right. I loved the way they got after rivers. I wish we would play defense like that! We could win a super bowl here if................we would go back to the buddy ryan 46 and get after people on defense. Hats off to Rex Ryan he won that game with aggresive defense and a little help from Norv!

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We currently don't have the personnel to run the 46...

3. AH3

AH3 Rookie

What personnel do you need to run the 46? I've heard about it and used it some in Madden :ha:, but I don't really know much about it. I think you need a good safety to play deep and another one that plays closer up, almost like a LB. I'd also assume that both CBs have to be solid in man coverage.

4. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

We don't currently have a defense that can hold SD to only 17 points..

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

6. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Does good coaching make the kicker not suck?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Last time we played them in the playoffs, that's exactly what we held them to. Unfortunately didn't have the personnel of moving the ball more than about 12 yards per possession at that time, and scored a monstrous 6 points with a QB wanting to quit at halftime. And, understandably so.

8. amy

amy Starter

Agreed; The Jets didn't win; the Chargers lost. Three missed FGs insured defeat. I suppose the kicker will be looking for work in the near future! :ha:

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

One of those kicks was what...a 57yd kick? 2 of his kicks he should have made, the Jets forced a turnover that inexplicably was overturned and had the ball last. So SD should have had 6 more points (even though even 36yd FG's are not made 100% of the time) but it looked like the Jets had control of that game in the second half and could have scored more if they needed to. Actually, wasn't one of those FG attempts on the possession where the Jets should have had the turnover?

The Jets hung on enough in the first half despite being outplayed overall. But credit Rex and Schotty for making adjustments at halftime and outscoring the Chargers 17-7 in the second half.

Jets won that game more than Norv Turners coaching. Rivers made an uncharacteristic pick in his own territory that really cost them...that had nothing to do with coaching on offense, but had everything to do with how much pressure and how good the Jets coverage was. The Jets out played them. End of story.

Gut

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I'd like to have Rex Ryan as a coach. he brings attitude and isnt trying to be a respected guy like Fisher. he comes to play real football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar