Jets Trade for Suggs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tennessee, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

He has been a major disappointment in NY.

3. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I was thinking more of a conditional pick if possible... not like a 3rd or anything.

I didn't think he had lived up to the hype and certainly their expectations w/ the Jets...
    only 8 sacks in 3 years including the playoffs.... I knew he had potential that's what made him interresting to me...
    They are the ones in need of a RB, I was just looking at what they would have to be worth Trading them our Starting RB (Brown).

But as this conversation should stop here.... last thing, he's been a disappointment who will count exactly $9,136,660 against the 2006 Salary Cap... is he worth that No, would I want the Titans to have to pay anywhere near that HELL No, especially considering he's signed for 3 more years.

Interresting, Yes?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brian...tennessee..

Robertson is a disappointment primarily because of how high they drafted him. They actually traded up to get him in 2003. He is still the best DT they have..

Tennessee, you understand that robertson's stats are similar to haynesworth right, even better? Albert has 4 sacks the last 2 seasons to robertson's 6.5. And if robertson's 8 career sacks in 3 seasons suck so bad what about haynesworth who has 7.5 in 4 seasons?...

Albert was in on 37 tackles a season with an average of 46 for robertson. Albert has averaged 25 solo tackles a year while robertson has averaged 32.

The one area that haynesworth is superior is knock downs with 10 career vs 1 but robertson is only 6'1 so we can expect that.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have read that the Jets are looking at TJ Duckett from Atlanta to beef up there RB situation, Squealers too. I doubt they will look to Brown over Duckett. The two just run differently and the Jets do not have the o-line for a Brown type back and the Steelers already have there speed guy.

6. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

:yes: Robertson compiled his numbers in 9 count them 9 more games than what Albert had in that period of time...

Also remember that Robertson makes $9,136,660 Vs. Albert's appx. $ 1,622,919
    Point being that the Jets owe this guy a ton of money, for the production that you have pointed out... is he worth that to them or would they be interrested in moving him and some of his hefty price tag is the question..?

And No I do not think Albert sucks, as a matter of fact I want them to keep him for a very very long time... and yes he will be due a pay raise... hopefully not an 8 million dollar pay raise, but definately a raise

Do I really think he could end up w/ the Titans no.

It is really silly because I don't think the Titans will Trade Brown or Henry to the Jets unless it's for a ridiculously good deal...also, Because they(Jets) have very little that would be a feasible upgrade for the current Titans.... i.e. Ellis, Robertson, Vilma - unlikely for Brown, unless for some reason it sounded good to them. :logo:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tennessee...

Thanks for pointing out that robertson is far more durable than albert.. Robertson has played nine more games but has been in the league one year less..

This is not a robertson-albert debate I used those stats for illustrative purposes. I'm illustrating that robertson is too good and too valuable to that team for us to obtain.. You brought up a meaningless sack stat without making any comparasings to anything. You did realize already that some quality DTs don't get a lot of sacks? Sam adams had just 2 sacks in his pro bowl seasons..

What does money have to do with this discussion at all?

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

:lol: That's all... :closemout nevermind...:lol:

Thanks for the replies Roll... The whole point of the last few posts is that there really are no players the Jets have that the Titans would want that would be exchanged... .... dare I say .... w/o Future Draft Picks being included....
    Which Coincidentally is how we got C. Brown AND (gasp) T. Henry ... also How thy NY Football Jets acquired D. Robertson. By trading up. With another team. to pay him $ 9 million +! :ha:

'Never Quit'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar