Jets keeping an eye on AJ Brown, DK Metcalf.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's what I thought would work..play well, get paid well...I like that idea

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Ok. New breakdown removing RB and TE that surpassed a top “10 WR” and including YPC (which is never an actual identifier for top WR)

2019 - cth 41, yards 21, YPG 26, TD 7T, YPC 2
    2020 - cth 27, yards 14, YPG 12, TD 5T, YPC 12
    2021 - cth 34, yards 29, YPG 18, TD 30T, YPC 25

Still not a top 10 WR and definitely not a Top 5.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Titans GM Jon Robinson "does not foresee" the team trading A.J. Brown.

That is NOT an absolute no lol

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That is DEFINITELY “GM speak” for we’ll take your phone call to make us an offer”

and honestly, we should trade him for any 1st round plus another 2nd round swap.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I hate say it but I agree with you

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

"Robinson said that he’s had discussions with Brown’s representatives and declined to give any insight about whether those talks have moved the two sides toward an agreement. Until one is reached, there will likely be questions about whether Robinson sees anything different on the horizon but there’s no sign that the answers will be changing in Tennessee".

7. Carp

Carp Starter

You keep posting receptions like they matter in an offense that runs the ball 30 times a game. I told you his overall numbers over the last 3 seasons. There's always outliers that skew yearly results, but those players having outlier seasons will weed themselves out over several years. What we do know, is that AJ Brown remains top 15 in total receiving yards, Top 10 in total Rec TDs, and Top 2 in YPC over the entire span, and that's while missing 7 games in the most run heavy offense in football.

His total numbers are really close to Tyreek Hill over this same span as well in 1 less game and with Tyreek getting passes from Mahomes and AJ getting passes from Mary and Tanne.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think it’s important to recognize that even in such a small sample size, he’s pretty consistent at around 30th in catches, 18-19 in yards, maybe around 10 in TD, around 15 in YPG.
    That’s key because to me, any WR I’m going to claim is a top 10 WR in the league, is going to show that he can in fact be top 10 in something consistently. Brown comes off as consistently a top 20 guy when averaging the entire body of production over just TD.

There is subjectivity to your argument (and mine). Even though I agree he doesnt have the same opportunities in Tennessee as he would in say KC, it is hypothetical to assume that all of those numbers increase just because he’s on a new team and it’s equally hypothetical for me to argue that his numbers drop on another team due to some other subjective reason, for example, more WR with enough talent to steal targets.

I think he’s a pretty good WR, even compared league wide, just not top 10. I think your argument loses merit entirely arguing he’s a top 5 WR.
    The same Mary QB produced equal to or better results out of delanie Walker.
    The same Tannehill got close to or better production out of Jarvis Landry
    Were they top 10 WR? Obviously Walker considered among WR, not TE.

Don’t care what anyone says, YPC is not valid to determine a top WR. Guys like Devery Henderson made a living off YPC.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

It doesn't matter I he is top 5. Let him get paid somewhere else. Wr position is not worth 20m a year. We'll take a 1st and a couple more picks and it'll work out just fine for us

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

JRob spoke to Cleveland? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar