Jets keeping an eye on AJ Brown, DK Metcalf.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Breakdown by year

2019 -16 games, 61 in catches, 24 in yards, 29 in YPG, 9T in TD
    2020 - 14 games, 32 in catches, 16 in yards, 14 YPG, 5T TD
    2021 - 13 games, 45 in catches, 32 in yards, 20 YPG, 40T TD.

He’s not top 10, certainly not borderline top 5.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Respect to Metcalf and Mclaurin for actually caring about their team and their personal development. I'm now one foot on the "trade AJ" train.

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I genuinely think this may be Tannehill and Henry’s last year as Titans. If we play our cards right at QB, we may be in good shape moving forward. That’s why I’d like to take a shot on someone like Howell or Corral at 26.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

Not necessarily true. A lot of players using social media well. Look at our very own Derrick Henry, who not only was in the same contract situation, we actually Franchise Tagged him first, and he signed it in good faith. No drama, no BS. He trusted the team. He got paid.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

I don't think so. While I get the "it's a business and look out for yourself" concept, there's a balance between being a smart business person and being a greedy hog. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

I'd love to hear some examples where being a diva worked out. It certainly didn't work out Le'Veon' Bell. Antonio Brown got a ring but he significantly hurt his pocket. That's not smart business. Adams and Hill didn't act like Divas. Diggs, Christian Kirk, Mike Williams? I don't think they're divas. Maybe you can say Diggs was diva-ish when he requested a trade but I don't remember it being dramatic.

It's crazy how quickly this board has changed from: "no way in heck we trade AJ" to "Meh, might as well get rid of him". The only thing that's changed are the things he's said and done. It's been what, two weeks? Not smart business. DK and Terry Mac said they'll still participate with their teams. Both are in worse situations than AJ.

I say if he's asking for $20+ and we can get a 1st plus additional picks, good riddance. Can't invest that much into potentially lingering knee issues. My only concern is now that now we've lost some leverage because of what he's said.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think it may well be Tannehill’s last year, but not Henry’s. The draft will tell us a lot.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

I think it’s why so many people love Henry. I think he’s more the exception than the rule though. I think AJ Brown is closer to the “norm”.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Not sure if diva is right for Rodgers, but I believe he got a big payday before winning the SB.

that said, you’re absolutely correct, there needs to be some balance with a player going after a higher payday and keeping the team in mind.

I don’t think that’s an easy task either. Not only is there no “set” pay amount, but the organization is always going to push for the least amount a player is willing to accept.

while there is injury risk as well, I just don’t think Tennessee’s offense can afford to invest all that much into WR, they just aren’t used enough and it doesn’t seem there is any chance there is a 100 catch 1300 yard guy in Nashville any time soon. I’d argue those are at least the goal numbers for someone getting $20+ mil/season.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Deebo would take as much or more than what Cheetah's trade cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar