Jerod Mayo

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Just for the record, Mayo has played all three linebacker spots in college. He played MLB this year because of Marvin Mitchell's graduation. He was the best player on Tennessee's defense, and maybe the best player on the team. (No offense intended to Eric Berry. He's going to be an absolute monster. And he's only a freshman. : ) )

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I think Mayo not only could do that in college, but also the NFL. That's why he could be more valuable to us. Middle for now, and take one of the OLB's spots when they are gone (and they are getting up there in age).

I do like Tulloch however. A future D with Tulloch and Mayo could be very sweet.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think we should draft Mayo in the first round.

I think he is a little overrated, I'm not sure how his career will fair as a pro.

Although it's very unlikely, if somehow he were there in the 2nd, or we made a decent deal to trade up a few spots, then I'd be more interested.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Mayo's a beast...

if the FO thinks the WR position in the draft is deep enough to risk going with Mayo in the 1st then by all means pick this man up...

Bulluck, Mayo, Thorton behind KVB, Hayensworth, Brown, Kearse sounds magnificent

in all honesty he sometimes shows flashes of Ray Lewis

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Considering he'd barely be on the field and cost round 1 money??? YES. It'd be about the dumbest pick possible. Might as well draft a punter in round 2 while we're at it.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Considering this team will win games by playing dominating defense any dominating defender we can add is a plus. We are long in the tooth at OLB and Mayo could even beat out Thornton as the 2nd LB in the nickel.

Oh, good to see Manningham ran a good 40 at his pro-day. I can't poke fun now that Mayo is faster than the great Michigan WR although he is still much faster than the great Michigan RB Hart.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

SEC LBs have been the popular/smart choice the last couple of years...

i.e. DeMeco Ryans and Patrick Willis

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

imo, i don't want mayo as our first pick. hes a great athlete, but we have other needs that need addressing.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Mel Kiper usually does his mock drafts based on best player available. He just kind of ranks the players then assigns them to teams not necessarily looking at all their needs. Saying that I won't be to upset if he's the best player available and we take him. Obviously I would want offensive help but I don't feel a pick that late will produce great offensive results this next year anyways.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If the Titans don't draft a WR or DL in the 1st I'll be very mad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar