Jeremy Shockey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigD73OT, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Just released(supposedly)...could be an upgrade over Scaife. Although I think Jared Cook will pan out. I would like to see Shockey in TN.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

TN fans want everyone THAT GETS CUT AND IS SOME WHAT KNOWN.
    Shockey is done. He might make a decent blocking #2 TE somewhere. our TE's Stevens and Cook are good enough.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You want Flynn, a guy who has played one good game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I would list TE as our 4th biggest need behind QB, DT, LB, and S. I don't think he'd be able to provide the big play for us like he used to but maybe he could be a blocking TE. Couldn't be worse than Scaife.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

"could be an upgrade over Scaife" ...uh, you're unsure about that? ...who ISN'T an upgrade over him?

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

slight upgrades over certain players at a position are not going to win us many ball games. Unless Gates or someone of that caliber come to tennessee, we just need to stick with Cook and hope he pans out.

The only exception to this is QB but I would rather not waste time on an older free agent when we had young guys make some decent plays last season.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

how do you figure that tight end is our 4th biggest need when we have 2 young tight ends that have looked good when they were given the opportunity from fish face

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If his parents had only named him Rocky..

9. amy

amy Starter

I'm just hoping the FO doesn't want retreads. We have enough of them already.

10. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I'd pass!

Shockey wouldn't be bad, but I think (hope) Cook will pull it together this season.

I would bet that unless Shockey ends up somewhere like NE or IND, Cook and Stevens could potentially have better years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar