Jeff Fisher vs. Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Let me just say that I'm a fan of Jeff Fisher and VY. But, say he were to get fired, don't you think the new coach will want "his guy" at quarterback? I honestly don't see anyone new coming in and keeping VY. At most, I could see VY playing out his rookie deal, and unless he has an extraordinary season, I don't see him back with this team. Of course, this is all hypothetical, Fisher has to get fired first.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bud Adams is still the owner.

3. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Bud runs the show and he loves VY, that's all that matters.

4. sincewarrenmoon

sincewarrenmoon Camp Fodder

Or... if they somehow promote Heimerdinger to HC, then VY stays and everyone is happy :beerbang:

From what I've seen over the years, Heimerdinger likes a more wide-open and aggressive offense that goes against Fisher's more traditional philosophy of hard-nosed defense and a run-first offense.

5. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I think Dinger deserves a shot.

6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

And i hope the interview for the next coach has the following question from Bud Adams. "VY my guy, has unique set of talents as a QB for which i ordered the previous doofus head coach of mine to draft him in the first round but he some how forgot this, how would you propose we exploit them to the maximum, especially with a dynamic running back like CJ in our backfield?"

:)

7. sincewarrenmoon

sincewarrenmoon Camp Fodder

Yep, and from some reports, Dinger may be a HC candidate somewhere else in 2010 :(

8. Starship

Starship Consistently Inconsistent

Without Fisher we'd be exactly like the Steelers offense under Arians. :hmm:

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dinger may go to Chicago if given a chance. He has his guy Cutler there, and Dinger is from that area.

I'd be satisfied with him as head coach of the Titans. And no new coach would throw Vince to the curb. He's like gold, only increases in value with time. Next year he'll be better than this year, then so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar