Jeff Fisher: Fire or Keep

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 21, 2009.

?
  1. Yes

93 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Depending on how the rest of the season goes

38 vote(s)
    21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've seen alot of talk about Jeff Fisher being fired and honestly I think it's ludacris. Jeff Fisher in my eyes is an amazing coach, it's not the coaches fault that he has two horrible coordinators that do a run on 3rd and 21 but a long pass on 3rd and inches. Or a defensive coordinator who seems to run 4 man blitzes but we don't have Haynesworth Cecil!

In 2004 and 2005 we have 5 and 4 win seasons, nobody talked about firing Jeff Fisher then, and if they did you're silly because he had a 10 and 13 win season just a couple years later.

Jeff Fisher can easily turn this team around, we have older players that aren't amazing like they once were and we lost a big peice in our defense (Haynesworth). Not to mention Finnegan, Harper (darn), and Fuller are injured those three players and important in our pass defense. We have young players that will be a key to our team in a few years: CJ, Finnegan, Britt, and someother players.

It's the NFL teams fall and drop all the time. Look at this years Broncos, they're unstopable right now but last year with a franchise QB were not. The Dolphins a few years ago were surprising. In 2010 the Titans could be the same way

Bottomline: Don't give up on Fisher, he'll get it back together. Probably not this year unless we finished 10-0, probably won't happen... but next year if we have a good offseason we could go all the way.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

When the head coach is the one who chose the two horrible coordinators you speak of, then yes it IS Fisher's fault.

What? There was a website up called www.firecoachfisher.com back then calling for his arse on a platter. Surely you haven't forgotten about that?

Yes he could easily turn this team around. But that is going to involve some change, evolution and adaptation from both a coaching standpoint and a playing one. Fisher seems to be too set in his ways to make any changes.

True, but what other major change happened with the Broncos in the last year? *cough cough...new HC...cough cough*

Fair enough, as long as Fisher doesnt' give up on the team...and not giving up includes changing things up with the coaching, scheming and staff; which includes giving Vince another chance to prove himself w/o setting him up for failure (setting him up for failure would be like making him run standard under center plays that don't properly utilize his strengths).
    IMO, Fisher not adapting is him giving up on the team. And if he is giving up on the team like that, then I will give up on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Explain. :suspect:

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

[​IMG]

5. Titans Reign

Titans Reign Camp Fodder

He has a 53% win percentage after 16 years as Head Coach. One Superbowl appearance (loss). How is this acceptable job performance in ANY field of endeavor? He chose his assisstants personally. He is ultimately responsible for this teams success or failure. Period.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think he will be given till the end of the season because Bud won't fire him during the season. But he has to be the one to take the blame for our shortcomings. As mentioned, he picked his assistants, he is the one in charge and that is directly tied to our team's overall performance.

He hasn't been a great coach, he has been a good coach on great teams like last year. It wasn't his coaching that got us to 13-3, it was our player's play that got us to 13-3. He gets all the credit when we're doing good but accepts no blame for our failures. He's not that good to deserve a pass again and again.

I say he will be gone after the season. The offseason is gonna be interesting. It may turn out to be one of the more memorable ones too. Keith will probably be gone, Kyle too, maybe even Tony Brown. Maybe Bud starts to spend a little money and revamp this team because change is definitely overdue.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Jeff is probably fed up with Adams and the career killing selection of Vince Young and is looking forward to being released.
    Jerry Jones, Your new cowboys coach is coming!

8. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

He's done. Let's all move along there's nothing to see here. Has a winning percentage but consistently coaches to choke status in postseason. Now seems to have gotten playoff time chokeitis in regular season. I mean I'm used to the epic fail of fisher but not used to seeing it in regular season to the degree that he has delivered this year.

9. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

I say fire him. He is the one that is ultimately responsible for the team's successes and failures. It's time to get some new blood in here. Even if they do go out and get someone like Cowher, who's coaching style is similar to Fishers, it will be nice to have someone different running the show. Let's face it, when they finally do get someone new in here to coach, there will be all sorts of excitement in the air, and the team will be fired up, and so will the fans.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep, and under the Cowboys, he will have the micro-managing Jerry Jones dictating to him what style of offense to run (meaning that Romo and crew are a pass-heavy offense). Jones is just a bit more involved in the playcalling than Adams is.
    Oh, and Jeff killed his own career for trying to mold Vince into a system that doesn't suit him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar