Jeff Fisher - Executive Vice President

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Northern Titan, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I noticed that the title displayed for Jeff Fisher during an NFL Network interview said Jeff Fisher: Head Coach and Executive Vice President... Clearly Jeff is the Head Coach, but I have no idea what his Executive Vice President role entails. Does anyone know? Does it mean he has more power than GM Floyd Reese? If you could let me know about these front office intricacies, that would be much appreciated.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Fisher has complete control over his Coaching staff... hire, fire, promote, ect and only answers to Bud Adams on those issues. Reese has control over contracts, admin ect. They both have control over the draft... that being said, Reese is considered final say. I wouldn't say Fisher was at the same level as Reese, but he has a'lot of pull and power over the team and final decisions on some level. Fisher has a'lot more power that your average NFL Head Coach.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Jeff was promoted to EVP a couple of years ago... I want to say when someone else left.

4. Awesome. Thanks a lot guys!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's been EVP for 7 years if my jet lagged mind can remember what I read on the plane on the way home.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Fisher, Reese, and MacLachlan all hold EVP titles and Underwood is Senior EVP. Among other things, this also means they have legal corporate responsibility.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Fisher is responsible for the team. Reese is responsible for player personnel, including the draft, and the staff. Fisher does not have any control over the draft and Reese does not have any control over admin. MacLachlan is responsible for admin. All three report directly to Underwood, not Adams.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Parcells told an interesting tidbit in his press conference. It seems the owners have made new rules regarding what you call a position with the team. What was happening, a team could interview a DC or OC even though he was under contract, by adding a title to that position to make it an upgrade over what he was already doing, such as OC and tacking on assistant head coach. Now the rules read you can only contact them for the position of head coach. It has to be a real upgrade over what they are doing now. I don't know if that also applies to the head coach or not, but by tacking that onto Fisher's job title, a team may have to offer him even more control to hire him away while he is under contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar