Jeff Fisher doesn't understand the DE position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by gkgtchey, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

I have been saying this for over 15 years. Defensive ends are to CONTAIN as they collapse the pocket! Not blindly rush inside as the handoff or back runs right by. Or the back flairs out and the ball is floated over the DE. Once the tight end picks up the olb, and the DE takes himself out of the play, there are BIG gains. The Dolphins said pre game that they were looking to exploit this. I blame Fisher more than Cecil on this. They have been doing it long before Cecil. This is just simple simple little league stuff, force the play inside where you have help!

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yes, I'm sure you understand the scheme much better than Jeff Fisher and Chuck Cecil.

3. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

yes I do. you obviously don't even know what im talking about so just keep surfin bud

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Who DOESN'T understand it better than Fisher and Cecil?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sorry man. I'm just about to go crazy with all these negative threads!! If we woulda won this game everyone would be like OMFG SUPERBOWL. It's like a rollercoaster, up and down all year with 3/4 the fanbase on this site.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

DE is the least of our concerns right now...

7. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

Did you see the huge gains on "sweep" plays? ALL day. No wonder we cant get off the field on 3rd downs defensively. It is always there. Always has been. If im an opposing coach, I would run wr screens all day and just have my best blocking te on that side. The D is solid in most areas, but have glaring soft areas. A good coach, or even an average one, will exploit these. It has happened over and over and no changes made. The play of the Defensive ends SHOULD move up the list of "our concerns". Wanna know whats frustrating? pointing out whats coming to my son here on the couch, and then watch us get gouged for a big gain. And then line up and do it exactly the same again with a different de inserted.

8. gkgtchey

gkgtchey Camp Fodder

I'm sorry too. Honestly, 3/4 of the fanbase on this site has been fans of this team or even football for that matter for all of 10+ years, when the team came to Tennessee. Mostly unsavy cheerleaders that just want to hang Fish after every loss, but don't know WHY we are loosing. (I hate it when we say we). I have had 31 seasons end with disappointment.
    You wanna talk about crazy frustration?

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Really?? You got stats to back up your assessment of this fan base or those on this site? Quit the condescending bull crap because with it you have ZERO credibility in my book...

10. 24

24 Starter

Haha! This is pathetic. Get over yourself, I'm sure Fisher/Washburn know what they're doing. We're getting decent production out of free agent scrubs and late round no names. Credit the scheme for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar