jay cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i have no idea whether cutler will be good or bad...

and his play on sunday night will not be indicative either way...

I was just struck by his answer to the question...where's his confidence? If the rookie qb taking over in the middle of a playoff run doesn't know whether or not he is ready...then I think the answer is pretty clear, he is not...

and I didn't mean to make the ponit into a cutler-vince debate...although reading what I wrote, it clearly came off that way...

i was just amazed that cutler answered the question the way he did...

but back to your response, TNT...i agree, vince has the leadership and cutler has the mechanics (at least i have been convinced by the talking heads that culter has the mechanics....

this isn't directed towards you...but vince may have played just as bad given the same situation last night in denver...but i can say with certainity that if asked if he was ready, he would have been gushing with confidence and probably said he was ready 11 weeks ago...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Zack, I understand what you mean. He certainly could have "faked it" better for the sake of the team. He seemed like a scared kid in his interview, but that is Cutlers' nature, even when he was at Vandy. He is soft spoken, but can play football. The announcer even said in the huddle that players told him to speak up, then he adjusted and was too loud. Some guys just let their playing do the talking.

3. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

I don't really understand why everybody loves Cutler. He had the worst pass efficiency in college out of first round QB's.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Since you probably don't get SEC games where you live, you can't appreciate what he accomplished at Vandy. He had possibly one NFL caliber receiver last year, yet he led the conference in passing. It's quite a feat.

5. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

OK, that clarifies things a bit, thanks.

6. smili

smili Starter

Volek to Brandon Jones in his 1 series in I think the 4th preseason game.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

The sad part is, the same could be said about any of us. :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar