Jay Cutler staying in Chicago

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I understand your understanding of the situation.

I just don't get why the bears organization would think he is capable of great things.. when he has spent his entire 20s on talented teams, and has never come through. I don't think it's wise to pay someone hoping for the player to do what has been impossible for them in the past.

I think a contract like that is warranted only with a combination of two things:

A great winning history
    and
    The imminence of him continuing that kind of play.

Cutler has neither.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Fair point. No turning back now though lol.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Good. Now we can't get him.

Most overrated QB in the NFL outside of Andrew Luck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

I don't even know if he's that overrated anymore. I would hope that most people now see him for what he really is. I hope that most people find this contract either laughable or cryable.

As far as overrated.. luck is definitely up there. RGIII, I would add to the list.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If he's paid that contract, he's overrated.

6. nickmsmith

Only overrated by the Chicago bears front office. I guess that's all that really counts

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

An above average QB for his entire career with no upside. Laughable would be right.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't understand why the Bears would pay him that, considering how well McCown did. I'm not by any means saying McCown is a franchise QB, but he could've been a stop-gap option for them, and they could've invested a ton of money in other needs.

This would've been the smart route IMO.

I was still kind of hoping we'd get Cutler, but he got paid way too much, so I'm glad we weren't the ones to have to fork that cash over.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

the Bears did the right thing here
    they locked themselves up the best QB available to them. Good move for them

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

McCown wants to retire very badly. Cutler is there best option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar