Jay Cutler>Mike Vike>Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Haters gonna hate I guess.

I bet if 50% of VYs passes came against the Texans secondary, he'ld have a 100+ rating too. And don't let the fact that VY played half a season stop you from comparing his numbers to a guy who's played the whole season.

If you think he's injury prone, that's one thing. IF you are just blind to the fact that he is actually a pretty good passer, that's another. Btw, all players get their hands/feet wrapped when they get injuries on them, no matter how serious. Don't let the facts get in the way of your little soap box rant though.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Two way street.. :p

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince Young criticism is well deserved. Vince hasn't exactly helped himself much in the public's eye, but regardless we still have his back. He's our knuckle head QB, so bring on the haterz.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If this was aimed towards me, you might be right. I even edited that post, but the problem with the internet is I can't tell who's likable. I don't get the person behind their responses. I get a comment without knowing anything about the poster who said it. I'm sure Ewker is a nice guy, but he sucks on me too often. I'm not dbc's brother or something, jeez.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Screw you dude. I'm not hating the guy. I take exception to being labeled a hater. I don't call JC or anyone else a "jock-sniffer" or whatever. Show some respect to me or I shall deny it to you.
    You guys can insist that VY was fine and nothing was wrong with his hand but the fact is he wasn't fine and if he was he wouldn't of had surgery. The dude could hardly grip the football at all. I saw him sail a pass with zero control. It was the consensus of the staff that he couldn't go. I don't care who wraps what how often, I'm not going to entertain the idea that VY was hunky dory and big mean Fisher wouldn't let him play. That is fantasy.

Furthermore, grow a thicker skin and don't be so damn sensitive, like VY is being persecuted here, like people who are unimpressed with him are being unfair to him. I haven't been unfair, I've just effectively demonstrated that VY is nothing special and neither is Cutler. I'm not having a soap box rant, I'm referencing stats and constructing paragraphs. My posts are of a whole lot better quality than some of yours (by that I'm referencing about three different posters) that liken me to another poster, directly insult another guy personally by calling him, what was it? A dyslexic retard? Something along those lines? And now you, taking my comments out of their context for either lack of understanding or denial of the truth.

look man, I'm not even sure who you are but let me set you straight on a few facts. On this forum, before VY was drafted, I was a HUGE supporter of drafting the guy. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY was happier than I that the Titans selected him at #3. Through the years and the chronic disappointments, through the triumphs, the highs and the lows, I've stuck with the guy, by in large, giving him every opportunity to win me back. I got back on the bandwagon a few times already. He quit on this team twice. VY is a quitter when things get too hard. That's a documented fact. Evidence of this fact was throwing his gear in the stands and cursing out his coach.

My hope was that he would finally have that break out year and out of the gate, with the exception of the Steelers game, I thought VY had made great strides, and he has, by in large but when weighed against the way he has dealt with adversity and his own personal handicap as far as his self conduct is concerned, it's not enough in my estimation to offset his drama.

I got fully behind him once he was reinstated as the starter after the 2008 debacle. After half a season of work last year I was 100% behind the guy although cautiously optimistic. I'm sorry, but after the way he carelessly injured himself and the way he dealt with it, rather, didn't deal with it, enough is enough.

VY has convinced me that he will never be what I thought he could be, what I believed him to be. I don't hate him for it. I'm just disappointed and not willing to create rationale, schema or mechanism to support him. He has to come back next year and show me if he wants to change my mind. He's done it before. If he doesn't come back and do that I won't miss him. I wish the guy well if he leaves and should he be kept I'll be rooting for him, but f that race charged "hater" label. That's bull. I'll tell you what I hate... when clowns that blindly support a $#!tty man child qb take to allegations of racism when they can't support their guy with a stat better than a 98.6 passer rating that doesn't even qualify for minimum starts.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As a huge Cutler supporter in the draft... he hasn't made me feel as if I were right about him.

He's kind of Brett Favre'ish... but without the great games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hindsight 20/20, who was "more right" Deuce? Me or you?

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not too much to add to this....100% spot on.

One item though....I may have wanted us to draft VY more. I started talking him up (before I discovered this site) after the 2005 Rose Bowl (after the 2004 season), when he led Texas to a come from behind victory over (sorry Deuce) Michigan. I was hoping we could draft him for close to 1.5 years before the 06 draft.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

By the way...I consider the "Haters gonna hate" response a cop out by someone who cannot refute what he is trying to respond to, and I am guessing several other folks do as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

stop posting your sucky comments then :D

Oh I thought you were CJtheBeast's brother :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar