Jay Cutler>Mike Vike>Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i like how my post got deleted. must have really struck a nerve.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

number #1, don't associate dbc and me. I'm me. He is who he is. I don't hate the guy like some of you guys do, but don't reference another poster as a means of insult.

Second, don't change my post. To date, Cutler has 393 attempts. I don't need you "fixing" anything for me. I said what I meant, I meant what I said.

Third, I've given Vince "some credit". Re-read my posts if you need to. Your problem is you give him too much credit.

What is this holla at "my boy" $#!t? He has 12 fewer than last year. I pointed that out. Are you really that selective in what you read? I don't care about the Packer's defense. So what?

You know what the difference between Cutler and Young is? Cutler has been winning games all year and Young has been licking his wounds and pointing fingers. The Bears are in the playoff and VY has spent half the season at home.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Don't be upset by your failed attempt to make Vince look inferior to chubby Jay Cutler. Comparing Cutlers 14 games to Vince's 9 is not right. I understand entirely what you're trying to say. Cutler has more attempts therefor his stupid passes to the opposing team is justified. He's a hard headed interception machine. You can't say he's not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

You can't put this years injury on VY. Although he was hurt, his desire to play was still there. He was throwing perfect spirals on the sideline. He was wanting to play but was put on IR just so Fisher could get him out of the way for this pathetic 7 of 8 game losing streak. If VY was allowed to play we are in the playoffs and the proof was how we were doing with VY on the field this year. I may be wrong, but I think VY still has the 5th best QB rating this year and Cutler is somewhere in the 20's in QB rating. One seems to be improving every year while the other is not.

5. JCBRAVE

Ewwwker is that you again, sucking on my post....

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I can't help it if that everything you say sucks :yes:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

My whole point by any of this isn't that Cutler is so great rather that Young isn't anything special. Cutler has roughly twice the passing yards and td's Young has.

Jay Cutler is 13th in passer rating at 90.6.
    Vince Young does not qualify for that stat.
    Neither does Tebow but Tebow must be better than Young, right?
    He has a 100.7 :bonk2:

Cutler is equal to or greater than Young and there's plenty of qb's greater than Cutler. The problem with some of you guys is this idea that Young is somewhere between Brady and Rivers in terms of efficacy. Also, I take SEVERE exception to this notion that "you can't put this years injury on VY". That is a load of garbage. VY is solely responsible for his own injuries. He is responsible for not being able to avoid them or shake them off. Whether he's running away, pulling his calf like I've seen him do at least twice, awkwardly trying to pick up a botched snap rather than fall on it or being flushed from the pocket, refusing to go down, extending his arm in some kind of misguided effort, if VY is hurt IT IS ON VY, barring something out of the ordinary, which is clearly not the case, that being a helmet to helmet shot or some kind of other low hit or grievous foul.

Now I was at the game watching VY throw "perfect spirals" after having his tendon torn. He was grimacing in pain and resorted to having his hand taped. His balls were sailing and he had practically no control. He knew he couldn't play and if he really thought he could he would have petitioned to but he didn't. VY was frustrated with himself and that is the reality of the situation.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Here's the thing with Cutler: Does anyone think he can go the three or four games in a row throughout the playoffs without having one of those Cutler games when he just makes five or six inexplicable throws that lose his team the game? I sure as hell don't.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

You said - "I can't help it if that everything you say sucks". :ha::ha::ha:

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I've met Yook and have hung out with him a number of times. He's a really likeable old guy. You could never say that to his face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar