Jay Cutler hasn't _______

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I never said Brett Favre didn't have a great year last season. Statistically, that was the best year of his career.

Favre has always been inconsistent. Rodgers is just flat out better... and he doesn't even send pictures of his junk to other women while he has a wife with breast cancer at home.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The thing that shocks me is that:
    If you can't win games in College, regardless of the talent around you, what makes GMs think you are worth a first rd pick at the QB position? A winning attitude goes a long way.

He was picked because of his strong arm?

Time and time again, the NFL has proven that the people that come out with the best measurables aren't necessarily the ones that do well in the NFL. Pennington's had a good career despite not being nearly as talented as Cutler.

Outright arrogance is what is destroying Cutler's career. He thinks he is Superman.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I agree with this, winning tends to stick with people, especially in a position like QB, it doesn't matter what level you're playing at. Of course there are exceptions to this.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Winning in football is more team related than any other sport. See Trent Dilfer.

Yet, Cutler takes a beating having 90 career TD's and 70 INT's with a career 84 QB Rating. He also has actually been VOTED to a pro bowl team and not an alternate.
    Maybe it says a lot about a guy who played on sorry teams his whole life and still made it to the highest level.
    He's won as many playoff games as Vince Young and Matt Leinart and that's why you play the game, right? Cutler was also picked behind Young and Leinart.

Young has 41 TDs and 41 INT's with a career 75.5 QB Rating by comparison.

Why are we making fun of Cutler again?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Cool Story, Bro. Compare Cutlers playoff wins and career numbers to VY.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Says who? Link?

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Two out of the top four and Four of the top Eight QB's in QB Rating have losing records this year.

Three of the Top 6 QBs in Yardage lead losing teams.

Three of the Top 5 QBs in completion percentage lead a losing team.

Winning is easier with a good defense and good coach.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Because he sucks. Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. Guess who has these career stats:

164 Touchdowns, 194 Interceptions, 67.5 Rating, 0 Pro Bowls

Did you get it?

2 Time Superbowl winner and Superbowl MVP Jim Plunkett. Winning is what matters and if you can win who cares what your passer rating is?

Cutler is neither a winner or good. Didn't he come close to 30 picks last year? If the Bears could undo that trade they would. And nobody would rather have Cutler over Young right now.

What I love is how people blame his offensive line. Sure it sucks but he gets sacked like 9 times against the Giants in 1 half, his 2 backups get sacked for a combined 1 time in the 2nd half. Just saying...

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm sure dbc5631 would.

10. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Oops. Didn't mean to stir so much controversy with my off-the-cuff Rogers remark.

I just pulled that name out of the hat because Mike and Mike had him named Offensive MVP before the season started. He's no more special to me than Matt Schaub.

Apologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar