Javon Walker's new contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Schefter on NLF Total Access reports Javon Walker will sign a contract worth $42 million over 5 years. Wow. $24M over the first three years.

He also reports McNair has been offered an $11M signing bonus with a $1M base. It doesn't speak of later years, guarantees or anything else, but Schefter thinks that's enough to make him jump.

I think we should just make cuts and keep him. Buck Fillick.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Please go into this. What kind of compromise is that? How does that work? I desperately want to hear about a McNair deal now that we have Young.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

By the way... My friend Patrick at work is stoked about the Broncos-Walker deal. He's big on the Broncos. He's pleased about Cutler as well.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Attached Files:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

tricky tricky GLinks...

While Walker is about to cash in with Denver, quarterback Steve McNair is close to doing the same in Baltimore. The Ravens and McNair have reached agreement on the parameters of a deal that will pay the veteran Pro Bowl quarterback a signing bonus of close to $11 million, and another $1 million in base salary this season.

McNair's $12 million take from Baltimore this season exceeds the $9 million he was due to make this season in Tennessee. But last weekend, the Titans gave McNair's representative, Bus Cook, permission to negotiate with the Ravens. It didn't take them long to strike an agreement. Now it's just a matter of how and when the Titans want to end their relationship with McNair.

When they do, it will be difficult. But it also will be financially rewarding. Once McNair is traded or released, the Titans will free up $9 million against their salary cap -- money they can use to sign their quarterback of the future, Vince Young, and rookie running back LenDale White.

you know GLinks...
    you ought to bottle posts like that and sell them as cologne.
    [​IMG]
    False Hope : A new fragrance by Glinks...

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

He's leaving for that??? We can offer that...essentially, by converting the $9 million to a bonus we are almost there, plus we owe him $1 million because we did not exerise his option. So essentially, he is leaving for $1 million more in guaranteed money. There has to be more in later years. That is supposedly important to Steve. Does it matter if we are $35 million under next year (let's say $25 after VY and the rookies sign) if we suck again this year? FR...match the Ravens offer if it really is that close. Save your money by trading Volek, cutting Sirmon and restructuring Steve. If we made all those moves, we'd save $7+ million...more than enough to sign the rookies....and could actually win more games than we lose for the first time in three years.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Tricky tricky GLinks? :lol:

My bad, BiP. I didn't make it clear that the offer was from the Ravens, did I? I was just typing as I listened.

False Hope? A New Fragrance by GLinks? Hilarious.

How about this instead? Episode IV: A New Hope -- all the Titans have to do is cut the chaff (Gardner, Wade, Nickey, Sirmon, Nash and Peyton - who we can all agree will likely be cut anyway) and restructure Bulluck, Kinney and Hentrich. Then we can keep McNair and sign a cheap vet CB.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Cap ideas courtesy of Starkiller.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

no $#:banned:*. That's how I mistook it initially. I can't believe MAC is taking all this stuff so personally. I'm going to go dredge up some of these "hurt" statements. (eventually) ... he sounds like Eddie George did.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

BiP - you should have followed the visual clues. "Jump" as in 'ship.' "Buck Fillick," as in "screw the Ravens."

Upon further review, I can't feel bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar