Jason Pierre-Paul visits Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by vy102000, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Good point.

2. thenextde72

thenextde72 Camp Fodder

CJ of Defense?

SI journalist Don Banks had this to say about our number 16 pick (which he picked Graham)

"The Titans covet Graham's proven pass-rush skills and the former Wolverine could be one of the most sought-after prospects in the first round, inspiring potential trade activity as teams like No. 22 New England, No. 19 Atlanta and No. 17 San Francisco all would love to be in position to grab him. If Pierre-Paul gets past No. 8 Oakland and No. 10 Jacksonville, he won't drop lower than Tennessee's pick. The Titans believe he's Chris Johnson on defense."

CJ of defense? First of does that mean he would break the single season tackles for loss record and be one of the few pass rushers to get more than 20 sacks in one season?!?!?! lol (comparing to the yards from scrimmage record and the 2K rush club)

Second is this even possible or is he talking out of his @$$?

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I have no idea why all these draft guys are so high on JPP. I've not seen one person on these boards who he's their #1 choice to draft. What do these draft guys see in him that makes him the #1 DE in the entire draft!? Sure he's got potential, but you need someone to come in and start week 1 and contribute and I think JPP is more of a project guy.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^he's got "measurables" just like every other guy these 'experts' overrate every year.

5. costarica2

I have him as my number one.

Tony Sparano (miami's head coach) said that they are looking at JJp dunlap morgan and sergio kandle in that order.
    So he may not be there anyways.

ps.I'm in miami thats how i know

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when i watch JPP's highlights on youtube i see two things; he has one pass rush move(outside speed rush) and he doesn't use his hands well at all to disengage from linemen.

what i still don't see is the jevon kearse-like athleticism. he overruns the qb because linemen aren't caught off guard by his speed and they know it's coming. with kearse, linemen knew what he was doing and they still couldn't stop it.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

God I hope you're right. But why would he show his hand like that?

8. costarica2

Its no secret now that they have marshall the biggest need is a DE.
    No Joey porter no Jason Taylor.
    And no one is gonna pick a DE in front of them so why keep it secret
    There a 10% chance they get Bryan the WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar