Jason Pierre-Paul visits Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by vy102000, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

Ok first off I'll say I read that too fast and thought you said our 1st and maybe a 2nd as in like next years. My mistake on that one. And as far as getting him back goes I'd be all for it, but not for our first, and if we could make some sort of contract that it was only a year at a time so he would actually want to show what he can do, then we resign him again haha.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Boy O' boy, I really like the tape I'm seeing of Jerry Hughes. I think the goal should be to trade down and pick up additional picks and nab him in the 20's. As far as his stock goes, do you think we could trade down and nab him in the mid 20's or even at the end of round 1? In the grand scheme of things I won't be mad if we draft anyone that can cover the pass or rush the passer.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree.

There are multiple good late 1st round DEs:
    -Jerry Hughes
    -Everson Griffen
    -Carlos Dunlap
    -Corey Wootton
    could all be available in the late 1st. Heck JPP or Morgan could fall even.

The Titans should really look into trading back. Grab an extra 3rd?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think Pierre-Paul is the worst choice at 16 among all the potential DEs. He reminds me of a certain RB we took in rd 2 a few years ago.

Dunlap may have even more potential and has already has a fine college career at one of the top programs.

Dunlap played huge in 2 major bowl games while Pierre-Paul barely played in college at all.

Certainly Morgan and Griffen would be safer choices at 16 but if they choose PP over Dunlap they are making a huge mistake.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

OK first we took a risk on CJ to, so taking a risk on small team players is what we do.Roos ,Jason Jones, steward, Finny Ect.... your not gonna get a good draft year in and year out.We took a risk on reynaldo chris henry and that other WR from houston i forgot his name and they all fail.

Second We have the best defensive line coach in the NFL so whoever we get is gonna be good.

And last I'm from south Florida and I saw 4 of his games live and saw the rest on Tv.His a top 10 draft pick he was a X factor in every single game he made the corners better then what they where so pretty much he fit us like ring.He reminds me of mario willians you put this kid with washburg and he is gonna be a superstar+ if we pick him his gonna be playing with top NFL lineman not like in USF where it was him vs 3 every play.

dunlap was not even a everydown lineman.

6. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

If we go with a DE i think we should trade back. Teams will want to trade around more on draft day. Plus i think the second round is huge this year. After the first round team get to think over night on what palyers fell through. Its almost like having another first round pick if you think about it.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Based on a value chart our 1st is worth about the same as a later 1st and 2nd. The value of our 1st rounder is 1000 points. The value of the 25th spots 1st and 2nd is 1050 points. If we trade with a team in the 20th spot where we move down only 4 positions their 1st and 2nd rounders have a value of 1230. I don't see a team being thrilled with giving up a 1st and 2nd rounder but in theory we could swap with the 25th team almost straight up where a trade with the 20th spot would require giving up our 3rd rounder.

I'd give up our 1st and 3rd rounder to drop down 4 or a few more spots if we can still get the DE we want and have a 2nd rounder.

I don't agree with making the trade just because there are some good DEs that will be available later in the 1st round. I do agree with making the trade if they are highly certain they can get one of the top 2 DEs they have on their board. The guys I like are Graham and Hughes and if we could get one of those guys IMO and swap our 3rd for a 2nd I'd do it in a heartbeat. There are a number of DEs that could easily go ahead of Graham and Hughes because teams are in love with measureables such as Griffen and JPP and although I like Morgan I think Graham or Hughes would be better picks based on need and scheme. Even if they really loved Dunlap there is a good chance he will get passed over until late first round or in the 2nd. Get the player the team wants based on fit is most critical.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't see a connection at all. To start Stewart played in the SEC not a small school and finny was a 7th rd pick which is hardly a risk. CJ had several years as a starting RB to judge him.

What is it about JPP that sets him apart from the other top DE prospects? Is he bigger or faster than Griffen or Dunlap? No.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/651/1026001/sack/gamelog.html

There were 8 games in which JPP did not record a sack. Interesting that one of them was against Cincinnati a team that Dunlap dominated in the sugar bowl.

JPP had 5.5 sacks 4.5 against unranked teams and 1.0 against ranked teams.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Dunlap is pacman2.0 he will be in jail right after his first paycheck.

I think his more of a risk then Jason Pierre.

10. BigDaddyTitan

BigDaddyTitan Camp Fodder

Considering that his dad is a bail bondsman, he wouldn't be in for long:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar