Jason McCourty vs. Raiders

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

Being out of state I was forced to only follow up the computer. For those who watched, how'd he look out there?

Seem like he may be able to hold his own?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Campbell didn't really have a chance to test any of the corners deep, but he looked good in run support.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Honestly, he really didn't get challenged.. He made some good plays in the run, but Campbell just didn't have enough time to throw and therefore made the secondary look really good..

That being said. Your DB's are as only good as your DL.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Raiders were so putrids on offense there really isn't any way to know. McCourty did play tight on the WRs from what I saw and reacted well to the run and screens. We will know more when we play a decent passing team and I'm not sure it will be this week. I am impressed by his tackling.

5. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

cool thanks for the quick response guys.

Hopefully we won't really see him get a test until week 3 as playing Dennis Dixon with Max Starks (LT) now announced as being out for a few weeks this should be the case again.

We need to take it to him as well.

6. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

He did destroy Campell on that one trick play the Raiders did.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That was awesome! :grrhee:

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

McCourty played well, extremely well compared to last year. I was pleased with yesterdays efforts.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He should have wrapped up McFadden on that TD.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It wasn't a test, certainly... he seemed to be decent in coverage and solid in run support, though. Heck of an upgrade over Harper, but I'm not sold yet.

He was out of position on the McFadden TD, but that might not have been his fault. He moved inside when Higgins motioned inside, but Witherspoon had that position... which was fine until McCourty didn't notice McFadden take it outside until it was too late. Seemed to me like he needed to be more aware of where he had help, but maybe he was just supposed to play man on Higgins and we got caught in the wrong D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar