Jason Jones #9 flex guy....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Someone will offer Jones more money than he would get to be our 9th lineman and a rotational spot at DT if he doesn't stay with Seattle.

If we are going to bring back an ex-Titan to spell Wimbley I would prefer William Hayes.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So you want to pay $4-5M a year for a guy who doesn't start? Hayes had 7 sacks last year you think you can get him on the cheap? Hayes had 7 sacks in 4 seasons for us and now you want to pay up for him because he had one 7 sack year with somebody else?

And what makes Jason Jones such an expensive property? He doesn't fit the schemes of half the teams in the league and has had 3 sacks a year for the last 3. I think he could be had for 2-2.5X the vet minimum.

Every titan fan knows that Jason Jones was a better player here than William Hayes. Hayes will get 7 sack money from a team and play like a bum.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

For those of you who need help reading between the lines. A DT tandom of Klug and Jones means we have little hope of stopping even a below average run game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree with you on the $$, but Jones over Hayes for me. Hayes has 1 move and thats it.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I always like JJ.. always wished he would switch to DE. I thought he just couldn't take the inside beating consistency. However, DE just didn't work for him. Now people ask for Klug to play DE, it's the same thing. JJ used his athleticism and speed to beat guards and get to the QB and make plays, he didn't have that explosive step that most DEs need. If he had better durability he'd be a darn good DT, Henry Melton level.. just always hurt.

With that said, we should of kept him and used a better rotation.

7. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I'd like to add Glenn Dorsey to our middle in FA. We have to assume Star will not fall to us in the Draft. Dorsey has played out of position the last few years at KC as a 3-4 end. He is a 4-3 DT, and he will not be expensive because he has underperformed his 1st round status. Start him with Casey, and I think he could re-kindle some of that dominance he showed in college.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hmm, that might work.

The Titans almost never go after the big fish free agents, and not having a top 5 pick could leave us without a good DT to pair with Casey, Dorsey might be the answer.

He's got the build we seem to like in a DT. 6'1" 300lbs, dudes only 27 years old. But when I look at his numbers I wonder WTF happened to this guy...?

I haven't seen him play at all as a pro, IDK how good/bad he is now. But seems like a solid idea on paper.

9. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...kson-and-glenn-dorsey-des-kansas-city-chiefs/

Good article from PFF regarding those stats.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dorsey was an absolute zero as a pass rusher. He is a similar player to Marks. I was thinking of a guy who could rush the passer a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar