jason allen runs at combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think by running he did more than expected.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

Running a 4.39 was more than expected

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

yeah, but he also played Corner for the last 2 years didn't he?

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

He also plays CB so if we drafted looks like he would start over Hill. Hill could play NB and we could cut our losses with Woolfolk, or keep him through the year.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

Thats possible, but I believe the Titans are dead set with him at FS. I also believe the Titans have more pressing needs(LB and possibly OL) that need to be addressed earlier

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

All we have to do now is hust watch and see what happens in FA. We may get a MLB there so we could get him. You just never know.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Jason Allen played CB last year, saftey the year before. He is extremely talented, but he had a major hip injury. I am a big Vol fan, but you have to be objective...I would be very wary of Allen until I see ALOT more.

8. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

I'd say right now you could take Jason Allen safely in the 3rd round. I am assuming the Titans are going with either Young or Cutler with their first round pick. I think Young ooze prue athleticism but that doesn't always translate well in the NFL (see Michael Vick, he can run and he can throw but doesn't know when to do either). I think a big defensive pick in the 2nd round like a LB or a DT would be excellent. And i think Allen in the 3rd. I don't think he hits hard enough to play a traditional safety, but i do think he could play a Troy Polamulalua style saftey (yes i know i butchered his last name). Troy rarely tackles so much as flies at someone legs like a guided missle.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Would be great, if we had a 3rd round pick.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think Allen might last til the second half of the second round, but I think his 40 time takes him out of the the third round. He's too talented for someone to not take a chance on him earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar