Jarvis Landry...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Jeff Janis: Game Logs at NFL.com

I think he means the post season game in 2015. At the bottom. He didn't start but the stats are similar to what he said.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Good find! Thanks for pointing that out. But the point remains...it's not like he never plays and that was the only game he got into and produced and then faded again. He played in at least 10 games in 2016 but doesn't really produce. He did in that one game...but not in the 20+ others.

I don't follow the Packers closely enough to really know if he's a great technician, but you'd expect he'd have much better stats and work his way to more playing time if he was actually good.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Most importantly, can this kid get his life together? His family situation sounds like a complete mess and maybe Nashville would be exactly the kind of change he might need with Logan Ryan and Koombs being here to support him...but I don't know. It's a mess!

5th round pick is max value to send considering even the Giants don't know if this situation will destroy his career or if he'll ever get back to playing well. But most likely, I think they hang on to him until his chances are used up and IF that happens, he probably just gets cut or we'll hear he's being shopped. But most GM's aren't looking to trade for players who are labelled as cancer by teammates, has a mom criticizing the team's owner, getting benched for poor play, can't take deserved criticism in a film session for poor effort, and throws teammates under the bus.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thanks for the link, I KNEW I knew Jeff Janis' name for SOME reason, it was that damn playoff game lol

5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I think we need to see a snap count. And a target count.

Here's something I prepared earlier (sadly this excludes playoff games):

2017 - 50 (5%) snaps on offense, 247 (59%) on ST. 5 targets
    2016 - 233 (21%) and 272 (61%). 19 targets.
    2015 - 131 (11%) and 288 (64%). 11 targets.
    2014 - 15 (1%) and 15 (3%). 2 targets.

They definitely only view him as a special teamer. Looks like he came in for an injury in that post season game, they lost. And it was forgotten over the off season.

#95 TitanWally, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Rodgers isn't going to Target someone who he has no chemistry with or thinks doesn't know the plays well enough . He had no other choice in the Arizona game because James Jones was the only "starter" left, and he was being locked down by Peterson. Janis got reps in other games, but it was as pointless as Henry or Fluellen lining up at WR, because he was never a serious Target.

He's pretty good on ST, especially as a Gunner, so he may end up here anyway.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Exactly....and from a cap standpoint we have to find out 100% that MM is the franchise guy that we want to give 25mil a yr to. I would rather have too many weapons than not enough. If we just try to fill the WR #3 or #4 spot with a low cost vet and then Davis gets hurt for an extended period Marcus will be throwing to Matthews, Taylor, and a vet. If Marcus has numbers like this yr then is it the WRs or the QB's fault. Then Matthews is gone after next yr and we have Davis, Taylor and some vet.

Make the big move and go get an uber talented young proven player who fits the short/intermediate passing game perfectly. Shore up your WR core for your young QB. Allow Landry to get more defensive attention, helping Davis get more one on one coverage. We have the cap money to make it work. Davis is still fairly cheap and if/when we need to give him a big $$$ deal in 3-4 years then Landry's contract would be up and you will have the cap space to pay your #1WR

8. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Agree. We are really missing a slot type guy who is good with the underneath stuff. He’d help a lot. Plus with LaFluer he will know how to use him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar