Jarvis Landry...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would pay the money and bring Jarvis Landry into the fold. He is still in his prime and is a guy who can take the short pass and go to the house. He has been very productive even without superstar QB play. He and Matthews have a good relationship. In 2019 we currently just have Davis and Taylor as our WRs because Matthews will be a FA that year. So from a cap standpoint we should be able to afford a high dollar WR. We don't need to spend anything more than a late rnd draft pick on a WR this yr because we all ready invested heavily in the position last yr.

Instead of bringing in a non-impact vet with little upside, lets get Marcus a proven play maker who is in his prime and let Landry and Davis be our 1-2 punch for the next several years.

This draft should be focused on the Defensive side of the ball...

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im on the fence on this one, dude is going to command BIG money and we all know we have Lewan and Mariota coming up in a year or two..

On the other hand we might be in need of a WR. Decker has an expiring contract and Sharpe has Dodds injury. After Davis and Matthews its bleak. Matthews is on his last year in 2018 FWIW.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

His average YPC is 8.8. Can he really take a short pass to the house?

4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

landry is a baller as far as slot receivers go, i wouldnt be upset bringing him in to replace decker, would be a HUGE upgrade that we could pair with CD. if we really are going spread offense they could be monsters

that said, we never make big FA acquisitions so I won't get my hopes up

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He was 2nd in the NFL amongst WRs this year in total yds after catch. I'll take that on my team.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm going to ninja the hell out of this thread and say we need to worry more about finding a replacement for Brice McCain lol.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

We have much bigger needs imo. I'd like to put the money on d and interior oline first.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I can't see the Titans investing much at WR after last year's draft.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Which FA defensive players would you pay big money to this year???

Sheldon Richardson is the guy that is an impact DL that could be available, but I'm not too excited about paying him huge money.

It looks like CB might be one of the deeper FA positions, but we aren't paying big money to a FA CB since we did that last year and drafted Adoree.

Also we have experienced guys on the OL and on defense which makes it easier to add some young blood from the draft in those areas.

Spend the money bringing in a proven play maker on offense....pick up depth at CB and then draft DL/LBer/OL

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

@abc2330 just mentioned Morgan Burnett as a possible Safety addition.

Cyprian hasnt lived up to his contract so far, he could be gone and replaced with a more versatile guy.. Burnett isnt a big name so I tend to think hes on JR's radar as a bargain player who could come in like Rishard Matthews did and contribute right away..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar