Jarrett possible a bust!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dgood, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I must have heard 4 different radio shows totally bagging Jarrett saying he won't be much more than another Michael Williams in the NFL The local Nashville shows included. He can catch balls but is super slow - which usually equals dud in the NFL..

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzqJlQN4rxE

3:00 into the video and rewatch his 2nd TD (the first one he broke a tackle and ran it in) At about 2:25 Smith gets caught quite quickly.

How fast is Leon Hall? 4.41 at the combine? He couldn't catch Jarrett in ~33 yards. He beat two defenders to get open and he was gone taunting Hall on his way in to score.

If he gets a couple steps, he's gone.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

One of my biggest issues with Jarrett is his attitude. This team needs a receiver who is happy to have 4 balls thrown his way all game and contribute in the running game as a blocker.

Everything I've seen from Jarrett is that he is a me-first guy. In an offense that airs it out consistently he might fit, but that ain't us.

4. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I've not heard of these personally, do you happen to have links to show what he has problems with? I've seen him get 37 yards and Reggie Bush beat my team (Fresno State) with over 500, never heard a word from him about not getting action.

Not saying he doesn't just want to see what is mean when people don't like his attitude.

5. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Guest

Slick Rick says, Slick Rick would love to see the Titan Nation pick up a really good receiver. Slick Rick says, the Titans need a high profile guy to go with Vince. Slick Rick says, getting a guy of this calibar could be the key to a great season. Slick Rick says, Slick Rick will pray that the Titans get the right guy.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's because leon hall sucks

7. Fry

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

If we go CB or DE in the first, which I hope we do, and Jarrett falls to the 2nd, we should move up like last year and grab him. I think he's exceptional value in the 2nd.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/jarrett_dwayne

"There is a lot of the brash Keyshawn Johnson and the flippant Mike Williams attitude in this kid"

"Compares To: Keyshawn Johnson of the Carolina Panthers … While his work ethic and lack of speed remind some of Detroit's Mike Williams, Jarrett's ability on fade and corner routes and timing on his leaps for the jump ball rival that of another former USC receiver "

10. Fry

we moved back last year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar