Jared Cook trade value

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Here's the thing. We play in a division where we will face 2 of the best QB's in the league 4 times a year. We need at least 1 LB who's GOOD in coverage. Tulloch is respectable, Witherspoon is solid and McRath is an unknown. I think Thornton gets cut. So if we're playing for a playoff spot or in the playoffs, who are we gonna face most likely...Pats, Colts, Chargers, Jets...all has TE's or passing offenses that we'll need help shutting down with at least 2 LB's. If we re-sign Bulluck and he's not ready til late in the season, that's fine. That's when we'll need him the most. He's a better coverage LB than all the LB's on our team. I don't want us to feel like we 'fixed' our #2 CB position only to watch teams kill us with Dallas Clark, Gates, ect. And we can't just throw a S out there as we have difficulty stopping the run out of the nickel as it is.

Get Bulluck back...even for 1-2 years. And I'm not sold on McRath. I wanted him in that draft and was very happy we took him. But he looked kinda lost last year. There were several plays to his side in which Tulloch fought off an OG and ran past him to make the tackle. I'm not sold that McRath will start this year unless he picks it way up. And he better watch out, Curran could be the guy instead of him.

I'd try to re-sign Bulluck for at least a 1 yr deal at a reasonable price (considering he probably won't play til late in the season - if at all). Bulluck will be inactive for a lot of the season and we'll keep up the 4 best LB's on gameday late in the season. It also promotes competition and keeps guys like Witherspoon with an eye over their shoulder as we'd have 2 young guys (McRath and Curran) trying to beat out some vets. We have the money...I suggest we use it!

Gut

2. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Idk if people that don't want bullock understand, yes with jj healthy and Morgan and Hayes we will most likely have a better pass rush, plus Cecil and his 46 will do a touch more blitzing, but with pressure in the face of manning, rivers, romo....they will get it to the TE quickly to avoid the pressure and who would be our guy covering them!? KB. Everyone else is just average at coverage from our kb corps. And ftw I wanted d wash too, or even Navarro bowman dude is a beast, curran is good but he doesn't have as much speed as I would like

3. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Meant lb corps

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why do so many posters either down play or ignore the Witherspoon signing? He is a solid player and 3 years younger than KB and about as good at age 29 as KB would be had he not hurt the knee.

I don't think they will cut Thornton unless they don't think he is healthy enough to play. It's a contract year for him and he should be supremely motivated to keep his career going. Besides we need his leadership for the younger guys.

Mcgrath will likely be our #2 guy in the middle so if something happened to Tulloch we would need Thornton.

5. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

As Gut says, I'm not completely sold on McGrath either. He looked lost more often than not. I'm hoping his second year will show dramatic improvement. Our LB corps was the weakest link prior to the draft and still so IMHO.

Watch Mcrath in this video against Gates. Granted Gates is a premium TE, but if Mcrath continues to blow coverage this badly; we will be ripped down the seam all year long.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81540941/Chargers-42-Titans-17

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That was not Mcgrath it was Alred. How can you make a point when you don't even know what position they play? Mcgrath played on the left side and Alred was the one guarding Gates. The starter on that side this year will be witherspoon.

Mcgrath played great as a rookie and i don't remember him being lost. He was great for a 4th rd rookie who played the middle his whole career.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

watch 2:42 of the below video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81540941/Chargers-42-Titans-17

originally posted wrong video.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Interesting all this talk about needing KB to stop Gates and Clark ect. when even with Bulluck healthy we haven't been able to stop those guys.

Also bashing McRath who was only a rookie and had a pretty darn good year (he only started 6 games and his best games were the last 3, 11 tackles against Miami, had a pass defended and an int against Seattle)makes no sense and considering we have no idea if KB will be anywhere close to 100% after the injury pumping him up as the defensive savior makes no sense. KB's play has been dropping some anyway even before the injury.

Yes McRath needs to step up but he should improve in his second year and IMo he was already out playing Thornton who hasn't been good for a few years. Spoon will need to step up as well and who is to say a healthy Witherspoon isn't just as effective as a limpy KB? We can't assume KB will come back from injury and start playing like he played 4 years ago.

It seems obvious the Titans have done what they need to do to move on at LB. We shall see how that works.

9. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Calm down a bit, no one is bashing McRath. Just saying he needs to step up. All of our picks from last year need to step it up. For all the publicity they got last training camp, etc.; they really haven't done too much except for Britt and even him I hope shows dramatic improvement. We play some pretty strong teams this year and we need at least two of our last years rookies to play like 3rd year pros.
    I disagree that we're set at LB though. To me that was the one area on defense that needed the most help. If we get KB back; we'll be serviceable.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Griffin has trouble covering Gates when we play the chargers. How can you bash Mcgrath for being beat on one play in a game in which our whole defense was murdered?

Mcgrath got the coverage right he just couldn't stay with gates and there was no safety help because of the CB blitz.

How many teams would expect their SAM linebacker to cover Gates all day long?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar