Jared Cook makes a big catch on special night

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

It was an emotional night for tight end Jared Cook, whose mother served as the 12th Titan.

Yulinda Cook, a breast cancer survivor, raised the flag before the game. She was surrounded by family in the stands at LP Field.

Cook needed patience on the night. He wasn’t looked to early in the game, but he came up big when the Titans needed him late. It was Cook’s 25-yard catch in the final seconds that set up the game-winning field goal.

Cook would like more chances. But he’s managed to keep a good attitude.

“It’s tough,’’ he said. ”But you just have to be ready when they call your number. You never know when the opportunity is going to come to make a big play. When the opportunity came, I made a play.”

He said he got his strength from his mother. For Cook, Thursday was a special night.

“My whole family was here,’’ Cook said. “For her to be able to be here, with my family, it was a special occasion for her. It was awesome.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

All I could do was be enraged when he caught it...

because it pisses me off that we dont use him all game long until it's do or die.

3. xRYaNox

xRYaNox Camp Fodder

Amen, a good player with tremendous upside.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was pretty cool watching his mom raise the flag.

I don't know why he isn't on the field more. Maybe he's not 100% healthy. Maybe they felt they could only run the ball with Stevens and Thompson on the field. Cook made the play when it counted and that'll hopefully lead to more opportunities in the future.

5. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

He's second on the team in receiving yards. He has so much potential to be a top 5 TE in the NFL in the near future, we just need to utilize him as if he were one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar