Janoris Jenkins

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think we're talking about this guy enough. I understand there isn't a big need for CB in the 1st round but we're not talking to Finnegan and at this point it shouldn't surprise anyone if he's gone (especially to STL). Assuming Finnegan is gone Jenkins should be the pick. A pass rusher is a big need but we can get one later in the draft or in free agency, that's an easier hole to fill than replacing your top CB and as we know we're not going to throw money at another top CB as a replacement.

I'm seeing a lot of Griffin hate and well it's deserved but the whole "anyone is an upgrade" isn't true. If we lose both Finny and Griffin it's going to be a bigger loss than some of you care to admit. We need to bring back Griffin and Babs but still draft a SS in the 3rd.

Anyway back to Jenkins. As everyone knows he was kicked off the Florida squad and made his way to UNA. Yes he does have a past but he hasn't been in any trouble since his UF days. He's only 5'11 but plays bigger and runs about a 4.4. Good in coverage and makes big time plays.

Here are a couple videos against top WR's in college.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tH53cLW4U&feature=related"]Alshon Jeffery vs. Janoris Jenkins (2010) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHc2hr6nPo&feature=related"]Janoris Jenkins vs Julio Jones & AJ Green - YouTube[/ame]

and just a highlight video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTDHCHE4N4&feature=related"]Janoris Jenkins JR Season Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEOEzpSS40"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEOEzpSS40[/ame]

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Jenkins is the real deal. He was a shut down corner during his times at Florida playing aginst some of the best competition out there like AJ Green and Julio Jones. He is crazy fast and though I'm going to get killed for saying it, if Finny gets let go and we take Jenkins he'll be an upgrade by year 2. Bank on it. I'd almost prefer to do it that way and not spend the money on Finny and spend it elsewhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i said this earlier when i was talking about what to do at #20 if finny left and already said that he should be our pick he would instantly come in and be our #2 corner...and i know verner has been here longer and knows the system but jenkins is probably the top corner in this draft if not for his mary jane problems he had at gator land....kid is going to be a stud...

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

3rd round, off-field issues will slow him down.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

hahahahahahahahaha ya right--are you as high as janoris is right now?

he goes top 2nd latest...he should be a mid to late first....hes the best all around corner in the draft and would be top 5 pick if he didnt smoke the mj

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Sounds like an option to look into...

Don't know much about the kid..but if he could eventually be an upgrade to Finny, I like it.

Only thing is, we still cannot let Fin walk this year. Tag him..draft ya boy...then re-evaluate after next season (possibly let Fin walk for the business end).

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Who cares about someone smoking weed anyways? If he's doing it regularly, it's an issue. Otherwise, who cares.

I'd rather wait till the 2nd round and trade up if we really want him - assuming he drops that far.

I just don't think drafting a corner with our first pick is smart. Even without Finnegan, we would have three other positions to address first.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Florida's coach, NFL scouts and GM's, those that administer the league drug policy, Goodell, the police, etc, etc, etc...

If you are arrested for it twice in a few days, you probably smoke a lot of weed. With that said, I wouldn't mind him. I don't categorize him with POS's like Janzen Jackson.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

he wont make it to the second round...not a chance if he does something crazy happened in the draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar